Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Hi there. Late to the party. I have an Orbea Wild 23, M10. Running an Android Pixel 8 Pro phone. Everything has been updated to the latest however I can only see the four standard modes on my bike. Anyone have any advice?
You see 4 mods on your bike (display). There won‘t be more.
How many do you see in the app on your phone? Thats were you can choose & exchange modes to be displayed on your bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
Have you checked in Settings>Manage your Ebike Settings>Custom riding modes, when connected to the bike?
Yes I have. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Screenshot_20240430-130504.png

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
Ah, ok I see what you mean ☹️
And I presume the app and bike are both up to date - app version 1.20.6 from the 5/4?
Correct and as far as I can tell all of the ebikes components are up to date. At least that's what the app says.

I also installed the app onto an old phone to verify, no luck there.

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
I don't know how often I need to repeat myself but if you want the extra options @batmantis you have to go to a Bosch dealer. Changing phones, updates etc make no difference.

It was posted about 3 pages back
I saw your comment to me but as stated this should be available via app and I'm attempting to find out why mine is missing the app function. Without a reason I'm going to keep digging.

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
I don't know how often I need to repeat myself but if you want the extra options @batmantis you have to go to a Bosch dealer. Changing phones, updates etc make no difference.

It was posted about 3 pages back
I certainly didn’t need to visit the dealer. The option to customise modes was simply added in a recent update.

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
Mine is missing as well, I spoke to Bosch and they stated if I wanted the extra modes in the app they have to be made available by the dealer.
So it looks like, what you were trying to communicate is as follows, yes?

The modes are installed on the bike at time of manufacturing, not the app. The app simply enabled and disabled them. It appears that some manufacturers choose to not install all of the available modes for whatever reason. Or some LBSs remove them for whatever reason. Unfortunately the best bet is to visit an LBS to have the modes installed, after which the app should be able to enable and disable these modes.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
So it looks like, what you were trying to communicate is as follows, yes?

The modes are installed on the bike at time of manufacturing, not the app. The app simply enabled and disabled them. It appears that some manufacturers choose to not install all of the available modes for whatever reason. Or some LBSs remove them for whatever reason. Unfortunately the best bet is to visit an LBS to have the modes installed, after which the app should be able to enable and disable these modes.
Yes, from what I have seen on here nearly all 2024 models and some later 2023 models got the updates via the app. Earlier 2023 models and older 2022 models (like mine) have to visit a dealer if you want them. It can also depend on Manufacturer options too

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
Worth updating to the latest firmware? I think I'm on the one from December.

Currently have the wireless remote mated to the LED controller that's tucked into the frame. Kiox has been removed since I was having issues. I know the modes by counting the clicks and knowing the feel of assistance. I still haven't been to the shop to sync the system controller to my bike (Ibis Oso). I"m scared if I update the firmware I'll lose ability to contact the wireless remote. Just like we lost the ability to swap controllers without needing an authorized dealer.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Yes, from what I have seen on here nearly all 2024 models and some later 2023 models got the updates via the app. Earlier 2023 models and older 2022 models (like mine) have to visit a dealer if you want them. It can also depend on Manufacturer options too
I got the extra options with the recent app update and my bike is a '22 model. I'm beginning to think it may depend on the manufacturer.

tyredryder

Jan 29, 2024
South Africa
Bosch have updated their Flow App and ebike system with a decent update. I've been testing it for a few weeks:

- Can now pair Garmin as a Heart Rate Monitor (and display Heart Rate on KIOX)
- Can now choose modes on the bike (Tour+ / Auto / Turbo etc) no longer need to go to a dealer to do this
- New DYNAMIC display mode on KIOX, it changes the display dynamically if you are descending / climbing / standstill

Full Update:

Whether belt, band or smartwatch: heart rate monitor in the smart system The community has spoken - and we've listened to you: A popular feature is now coming to the smart system. With immediate effect, you can connect your heart rate monitor to your eBike via Bluetooth and track your heart rate on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 while riding.

To connect, you use the eBike Flow app. Here's how it works: For example, have your chest strap ready, go to the eBike Flow app settings under "My eBike" > "eBike Pass" > "Components" and add your new device. Please note that the device must be in connection mode to be paired. In addition, you must actively add this new screen on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 - via the "Display configuration" function under "My eBike".

Uphill, downhill: Discover the elevation graph of your next ride With immediate effect, you can keep an eye on the elevation graph of your current ride on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 and be pleased with what you have already achieved. While you navigate, your display also shows you which ascents and recovery phases await you.

The new "Elevation" screen can also be added in the eBike Flow app using the "Display configuration" function under "My eBike". And don't forget: there must always be a connection between the phone and eBike in order to utilise the benefits of this function.

Favourite riding modes - put together what suits you best.
With this update, we give you the opportunity to put together your four favourite modes from all the riding modes available for your eBike - and customise them as usual. Instead of the economical Eco mode, you can use the Auto mode, for example, which automatically adapts the support to the environmental conditions.

You can find this new function on the home screen or in the settings of the eBike Flow app under "Individual riding modes". Turn support into motivation. New displays for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500: "Use of riding modes" and "Power share"

Two new screens for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500 now show you how you are doing on your current ride. Simply select the appropriate riding mode while riding and you will see how your own performance compares to the motor support. To see the "power distribution" in percent in the display, use the screen of the same name.

Maybe this will motivate you to achieve your fitness goal next time with less support from the electric motor. You add the new screens using the display configuration function under "My eBike".

Navigate flexibly while riding: Quick Menu for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500

You can customise destinations by starting navigation to one of your most recent destinations. You can also stop your currently active navigation. To do this, hold down the selection button of the LED Remote, Mini Remote or Purion 200 for longer than one second without removing your phone from your pocket.
A bike shop said to me that the flow app only works on Android phones? Surely not.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles