Bafang M630 Thread

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I am not seeing any advantages for mtb use? Bigger, wider Q factor and heavier than the M620 stick out?

Adam Anderson

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
This thread hasn't seen much activity sadly, I found this video showcasing the 1000w m630 vs the m620 in hand. Sadly though no 1500w model and it was labeled 48v, was really hoping we would see the jump to 60v (and considering bafang made firmware and hardware support for it on the m620 this seems like a no brainer). I also hope this means @Neeko DeVinchi might finally be able to start sharing more with us
from all official documents clarify that its peak power comes to 1500w only.

juggernaut

Mar 31, 2023
Australia
I am not seeing any advantages for mtb use? Bigger, wider Q factor and heavier than the M620 stick out?
I agree. The m620 already has more than enough torque and speed. It also has a more progressive curve based on the comparison graphs.

The m630 might be best suited to cargo bikes or bikes pulling a trailer coupled with the matched 5 speed auto.

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
"The m630 might be best suited to cargo bikes or bikes pulling a trailer coupled with the matched 5 speed auto."

Which to be fair it seems was their intention?

As an M620 owner I do agree that it has more than enough torque for bicycle rated components but it does amaze me sometimes at what it will climb as long as I can maintain traction. I am not as concerned with the downhills as any bike can do those 😇

juggernaut

Mar 31, 2023
Australia
"The m630 might be best suited to cargo bikes or bikes pulling a trailer coupled with the matched 5 speed auto."

Which to be fair it seems was their intention?

As an M620 owner I do agree that it has more than enough torque for bicycle rated components but it does amaze me sometimes at what it will climb as long as I can maintain traction. I am not as concerned with the downhills as any bike can do those 😇
Yes I believe the m630 was intended for that purpose. I have the 60volt version of the m620 which goes well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles