Bafang m510

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
what is the distance between the magnet and the sensor? did you fit the dropout sensor on the e10?
The distance between magnet and sensor is approx. 4mm. But it is the LCES 1075 frame from Light-Carbon. Had loaded the latest firmware and unfortunately the dropouts were back 🤷‍♂️

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
The distance between magnet and sensor is approx. 4mm. But it is the LCES 1075 frame from Light-Carbon. Had loaded the latest firmware and unfortunately the dropouts were back 🤷‍♂️
Hmm…I dont have that. I only recognize cut offs when riding in higher PAS with very low pedal force - my impression is this is related to different torque sensing and my short 160 mm cranks. I just did 100 km of partly extreme trail riding at Zugspitz Arena, and Motor performance was awesome. Very powerful with low battery consumption.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hmm…I dont have that. I only recognize cut offs when riding in higher PAS with very low pedal force - my impression is this is related to different torque sensing and my short 160 mm cranks. I just did 100 km of partly extreme trail riding at Zugspitz Arena, and Motor performance was awesome. Very powerful with low battery consumption.

SO different with my M510. A lot on off assist, maybe i will be back on m500 until good firmware can fix this on off problem.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
SO different with my M510. A lot on off assist, maybe i will be back on m500 until good firmware can fix this on off problem.
By any chance do you have a low speed cut off setting (25kph ) and riding easy trails. If you’re riding at speeds around the cut off level the motor gets really confused as you’re putting in some torque on the pedals reaching say 24 kph, it starts to cut off power, you have to put in more effort to maintain speed, you give up and the motor now is sensing below 25kph and needing to put more power in according to the torque sensor.

My EZesty is truely awful around the 25kph doing this cutting in and out on one of the motors I have. I have a 32kph version same firmware and its smooth as.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
By any chance do you have a low speed cut off setting (25kph ) and riding easy trails. If you’re riding at speeds around the cut off level the motor gets really confused as you’re putting in some torque on the pedals reaching say 24 kph, it starts to cut off power, you have to put in more effort to maintain speed, you give up and the motor now is sensing below 25kph and needing to put more power in according to the torque sensor.

My EZesty is truely awful around the 25kph doing this cutting in and out on one of the motors I have. I have a 32kph version same firmware and its smooth as.

no....I mean its like on off motor assist, not continue give power when i give some torquw on pedals, speed not more than 25kph pb flat terrain or light hill. tomorrow will try the other m510. i hope its jus one faulty motor.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
This is really annoying. If I read about the overall experience in the group, it looks like almost everyone beside of me has severe problems with the M510 Motor, that seems to be related to torque sensing, pedal force and assist behavior.
There is an option to do torque sensor calibration with the BESST tool. Did anybody tried this with M510? Is there a description available how to do the procedure?

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
This is really annoying. If I read about the overall experience in the group, it looks like almost everyone beside of me has severe problems with the M510 Motor, that seems to be related to torque sensing, pedal force and assist behavior.
There is an option to do torque sensor calibration with the BESST tool. Did anybody tried this with M510? Is there a description available how to do the procedure?
The problem is that the BESST Tool does not recognize or read a torque sensor at my M510 🤷‍♂️

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
The distance between magnet and sensor is approx. 4mm
On the TSDZ2 project we found pretty quickly anything less than about 7mm clearance of the magnet gave rise to some pretty odd motor behaviour, have you tried pushing the clearance out to say 8mm and giving it a go ?

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
I don't get it either, I have 4 x M510 in Typhon Production sample bikes, and no problems

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I don't get it either, I have 4 x M510 in Typhon Production sample bikes, and no problems

This is what happened to both of my M510 motor. Steady pedaling but power assist on off happened at level 1 and 2 on flat terrain and light uphill. Unconsisten assist.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
For me the same (until my motor is not switchimg off anymore ans nobody could yet help me to solve the problem 🙈)

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
This is what happened to both of my M510 motor. Steady pedaling but power assist on off happened at level 1 and 2 on flat terrain and light uphill. Unconsisten assist.

It ia exactly the same with my m510 so it has nothing to do with it that you
loaded the 48 V firmware onto the 36 V motor. My m510 came as 48v and did exactly the same. With me it was better when switching from 5 assist levels to 3. But also then it still occured sometimes.
Now my m510 after a bit of rain is not doing anything anymore. Dried the whole bike and all connections with the air dryer, inspected all cables and the controller on the motor but nothimg. My remote will not switch on the motor anymore - when using the Besst Tool the remote workds properly and all 3 buttons do work without any problem. Nobody could tell me what might be wrong and in this cases Besst Tool is just not worth anything, eventhough there is a menu "diagnosis" but that cant just be used 🙈

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
If I have time at the weekend I will open the engine to see if the cable connection between the torque sensor and the controller is ok. Maybe the plug isn't sitting right 🤷‍♂️
@thaeber , can you read torque information with your display or BESST-Tool from your motor ?

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
It's very odd behaviour, I find that I'm riding mostly in 3 (out of 5 levels) as I just can't get the cadence/pressure right for 1 and 2. Even on level 3, it seems worse immediately after starting the bike up, almost like it's buffering the signal somehow, or maybe I'm subconsciously altering my cadence and pressure. Here's hoping a future firmware update fixes it! After about 5 minutes it seems to settle down, but this is all very subjective.

c_pardo13

Nov 8, 2021
Andorra
Sí, parece que adjuntar el HMI del M510 lo frió, para ser claros, funcionó inicialmente, con el E160 HMI (modo de caminata usado). Luego pensé en ver si el controlador C230 funcionaba con él y nunca frió algo. Mirando la placa, responde al botón - y al botón pwr (luz verde en la placa del controlador, pero parece que no llega suficiente energía a la pantalla). Estoy trabajando en ello, pero creo que tanto el m510 como el m600 ahora están muertos (bueno, más o menos). Tal vez una HMI alimentada desde otra fuente funcionaría, ya que algunas cosas funcionan con el controlador BESTT conectado (calibración del motor, por ejemplo). Desafortunadamente, estoy presionado por el tiempo en este momento, por lo que esto no se solucionará hoy :-(
[/COTIZAR]
i have tested diferent firmwares in a m600 motor, and m500 controller in m600 motor, and sometimes, after flashing, the hmi dont turn on, but turn on with the besst tool .
i have resolving introducing manually the serial number at the besst program and reflashing with a original firmware

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
From @c_pardo13 :
i have tested different firmwares in a m600 motor, and m500 controller in m600 motor, and sometimes, after flashing, the hmi dont turn on, but turn on with the best tool .
i have resolving manually introducing the serial number at the best program and reflashing with a original firmware

I can give it try although I'm not sure how it killed my m600 just by plugging in the rogue HMI from the M510

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
It ia exactly the same with my m510 so it has nothing to do with it that you
loaded the 48 V firmware onto the 36 V motor. My m510 came as 48v and did exactly the same. With me it was better when switching from 5 assist levels to 3. But also then it still occured sometimes.
Now my m510 after a bit of rain is not doing anything anymore. Dried the whole bike and all connections with the air dryer, inspected all cables and the controller on the motor but nothimg. My remote will not switch on the motor anymore - when using the Besst Tool the remote workds properly and all 3 buttons do work without any problem. Nobody could tell me what might be wrong and in this cases Besst Tool is just not worth anything, eventhough there is a menu "diagnosis" but that cant just be used 🙈

Today i change from 5 level assist to 3, even worse :(

The problem is when we reduce the pressure on the power assist pedal it immediately turns 0 power, it doesn't decrease slowly and then when the speed decreases and we increase the pressure of the power assist pedal it also doesn't go up smoothly. Only happened on flat terrain and light uphill.

But what I like is when on steep hill the power is good and smooth.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Today i change from 5 level assist to 3, even worse :(

The problem is when we reduce the pressure on the power assist pedal it immediately turns 0 power, it doesn't decrease slowly and then when the speed decreases and we increase the pressure of the power assist pedal it also doesn't go up smoothly. Only happened on flat terrain and light uphill.

But what I like is when on steep hill the power is good and smooth.

I do feel this, but only when I have very light pressure and torque on the pedals.

For riding where I have pressure on the pedals, the motor never cuts out unexpectedly.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
suits me. I have already written several times that the Giant syncdrive pro engine also behaves. To me at time can write on the screen 99.9kmh and there is no engine help. I stop wiping the sensor and everything is ok. i am using a spoke sensor, so there is a problem. I'm waiting for the disk sensor to come.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Besides the more power thing, I think M500 is more natural on light pedaling. I hope Bafang can make it more natural on M510 like M500.

M500 feel but more power on level 3-5 will be so good.

You must different firmware to what I have got. Before you ask, I cannot supply it to you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles