BAFANG m 600 speed limit

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
Hi guys, I ended up with an Aussie speed limit on my m600 in NZ of 25km I can get another 32 km controller off AliExpress but as far as I can find out I still need to reprogram it to make it work. I have a dpc 241 screen which is set at 25km the Chinese guy from Singyiu e bike store is helpful but looks like it needs to be programmed with the BEEST . Can anyone help with what I need to do ?

Dave Rand

Jan 25, 2022
Kent Uk
I have this dongle/cable from Singyiu and set mine to 60kmh and works well. You don’t use the Besst tool with the dongle.

Only thing I had to do was unscrew the display bracket (3 tiny screws) this allowed me to get the plug to seat properly.

7D9DFFD3-50BD-462C-BC49-BADEF13E415E.png

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
I have this dongle/cable from Singyiu and set mine to 60kmh and works well. You don’t use the Besst tool with the dongle.

Only thing I had to do was unscrew the display bracket (3 tiny screws) this allowed me to get the plug to seat properly.

View attachment 96579
Hi Dave thanks for that info I did consider the dongle as the guy from singyiu is very good to deal with.
My thoughts were that with the 32 km speed limit I can push past that and save battery rather than be constantly using battery all the time Obviously very easy like that now with the 25 km speed limit, and that’s why I thought having no limit would be a bad idea especially on trying to save battery.
However I suppose in a lower PAS settting or just turning it off will give me the same effect.
I do find I get very good battery life as I am a bit of a peddaler and usually like lower settings to get my fitness up.and I do like the BAFANG motor as it is very quiet and very responsive , I do have the brown nylon gear that it came with . Only found that out when I opened it up.
If you’re thoughts are that the dongle will do me then I will go for that.
Cheers Bruce

Dave Rand

Jan 25, 2022
Kent Uk
Even tho mine is 60kmh limited it’s the gearing which limits my top speed, I have fairly steep trails to get up so I have a 34 chain ring and 10-51 cassette and the short Miranda arms my legs at maximum cadence I can’t quite reach 60 on the flat on road.

Off road on flat single track I sit at around 40kmh regularly which is spot on 👍.

Dave Rand

Jan 25, 2022
Kent Uk
Yes exactly, 60kmh isn’t necessary for an Enduro Emtb.

A 38 10-50 can’t be optimal for both the M500 and M600 maybe one or the other but It’ll depend on types of trails, if it’s a 29er, type of tyres and pressures etc. too many variables.

Mate, wondering why you want to pedal over 60kmh.

38 to 10-50T is optimal for m500/M600

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
I am using m510 with a 32 in the front and 48 being the biggest in the back. I find myself often riding the 48 cog when climbing really steep stuff, so I wouldn't want to go bigger in the front(maybe a 34 if I had a 51 cog)

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
I am using m510 with a 32 in the front and 48 being the biggest in the back. I find myself often riding the 48 cog when climbing really steep stuff, so I wouldn't want to go bigger in the front(maybe a 34 if I had a 51 cog)
I went from a 32 to a 36 on the front and Have 10 to 50 on the rear 11 steps and on 27.5s . I found the gearing to slow for top end so can do about 35 k at high cadence as other wise was always on the last gear . Also found I was riding most steep trails with 3 or 4 steps left. Even by going up 4 teeth on the front I still have plenty of gearing left for the tight steep stuff . This original bike was my manual bike which became the donor bike to the ebike cause and certainly adds a dimension of power to the existing gearing .
The other bonus by going to the other sprocket it was alloy instead of steel so a weight saving.
I have ordered the dongle to get rid of the speed limit as on trail I am constantly riding around the 30 km /h mark .good thing is I can always move it back if needed.

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
I went from a 32 to a 36 on the front and Have 10 to 50 on the rear 11 steps and on 27.5s . I found the gearing to slow for top end so can do about 35 k at high cadence as other wise was always on the last gear . Also found I was riding most steep trails with 3 or 4 steps left. Even by going up 4 teeth on the front I still have plenty of gearing left for the tight steep stuff . This original bike was my manual bike which became the donor bike to the ebike cause and certainly adds a dimension of power to the existing gearing .
The other bonus by going to the other sprocket it was alloy instead of steel so a weight saving.
I have ordered the dongle to get rid of the speed limit as on trail I am constantly riding around the 30 km /h mark .good thing is I can always move it back if needed.
Woops just checked my gearing and I run a 42 on the rear in 11 steps and down to an 11 with 36 on the crank plenty good for the steep trails though

Bruce B

Apr 26, 2022
NZ
Here’s pics of the motor breather just a 1/8 bsp brass fitting with a 4mm tube sticking out and running up with some black silicone hose going up the battery box

3EE0B2F4-9C3D-442C-913B-C98A5CC1FB8B.jpeg

A892E539-2D9D-4F80-A897-339D08057C97.jpeg

DFC7AF0B-BDAE-4545-8EBC-FB4A9A2A12F3.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles