Bafang Go+, is it a new App for all motors ?

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
I have no problem with not changing speed limit, but why TF can I not change wheel size? How should I do that?
What's the point of this app then?
I read through the thread. Not beeing able to change the personalized ride might be an android-problem.
How can I update the controller firmware? How can I check the SW-Version in the device without the app?
Thanks!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I have android and personalized ride works. You need to have HMI fw 1.2
Firmware versions to check is on the display under Info - simple. To go to menu hold plus and minus, or double tap "i" button.

Controller firmware update, rotor calibration and to set all the parameters without any passwords and no computer is possible over K1 Flash

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
What is the current state of the app? My motor kit (dcp245 v3 & m560 750w) and frame will arrive this week and looking for information what should or should not be done.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
What does the setting "current speed limit" actually do? Could someone explain it?

Screenshot_20240803_111703_BAFANG GO+.jpg

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Firmware versions to check is on the display under Info - simple. To go to menu hold plus and minus, or double tap "i" button.

Controller firmware update, rotor calibration and to set all the parameters without any passwords and no computer is possible over K1 Flash

Is it possible to change speed limit with this as well? Looking for a way to switch speed limit to 25km/h and unlimited (45km/h) easily.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Also I noticed these differences between the photos of the app in app store and my app. Do you guys have these in your apps?

Screenshot_20240803_120925_BAFANG GO+.jpg Screenshot_20240803_120832_Google Play Store.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Is it possible to change speed limit with this as well? Looking for a way to switch speed limit to 25km/h and unlimited (45km/h) easily.
Hello.

No, not possible to change Speed limit or Circumference over GO+ app.
With BBR installed, you can switch between speed limitis on the go and many more functions.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
What does the setting "current speed limit" actually do? Could someone explain it?

I can try. It is again wrong translation from Bafang. ;) This parameter is max rotor RPMs.

So if your motor is reaching lets say 120RPM cadence max and you would set to 50% then your motor will end at 60RPM.
It does not have anything with your actual speed (due to rear shifter).

This RPM speed was also with UART motors and NO Torque sensor motors. I did understand it this way and can be tricky to explain:
Each rider has his own favourite cadence.
So you should set to start current decay (lowering power of motor) to this cadence (green dotted line in a graph - it is not exactly correct in a graph - that green dotted going over "Yes" means you pedalling over your set cadence ). Motor is then starting to ramp down power (with set slope - red dotted line) as you raising cadence by pedalling. Somewhere total power (motor+legs) equals to drag and you wont be accelerating any more. But must be properly set - Max rpm, Current decay slope and Keep current.

If you set to 100% motor will be pushing you to go over your cadence (just with turning the pedals) and you are forced to shift to harder gear and you again accelerating.

1722698286459.png

Hope makes sense a little.

With direct drive motors (single speed) you can control max speed of vehicle with max rpm settings in a controller.

With Torque sensor motors, this parameter somehow loosing meaning and all people do set to 100%.
So also curious, what is the meaning of this setting with Torque sensing motors.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I can try. It is again wrong translation from Bafang. ;) This parameter is max rotor RPMs.

So if your motor is reaching lets say 120RPM cadence max and you would set to 50% then your motor will end at 60RPM.
It does not have anything with your actual speed (due to rear shifter).

This RPM speed was also with UART motors and NO Torque sensor motors. I did understand it this way and can be tricky to explain:
Each rider has his own favourite cadence.
So you should set to start current decay (lowering power of motor) to this cadence (green dotted line in a graph - it is not exactly correct in a graph - that green dotted going over "Yes" means you pedalling over your set cadence ). Motor is then starting to ramp down power (with set slope - red dotted line) as you raising cadence by pedalling. Somewhere total power (motor+legs) equals to drag and you wont be accelerating any more. But must be properly set - Max rpm, Current decay slope and Keep current.

If you set to 100% motor will be pushing you to go over your cadence (just with turning the pedals) and you are forced to shift to harder gear and you again accelerating.

View attachment 144773

Hope makes sense a little.

With direct drive motors (single speed) you can control max speed of vehicle with max rpm settings in a controller.

With Torque sensor motors, this parameter somehow loosing meaning and all people do set to 100%.
So also curious, what is the meaning of this setting with Torque sensing motors.

Thank you for informative answer!

I checked your BBR. Did I understand the speed limit changing correct?

"– ASLS function – Auto Set Low Speed – choose any speed limit you want to start motor after power on. (Not supported with M510 FC2.0 and M560 motors – here is needed restart to take effect)."

I have the m560 750w. Does this mean that everytime I start up the motor the speed limit is what it was when it arrived from the factory? For example mine was set to 45km/h.

And if I wish to lower the speed limit to 25km/h I need to start the motor, do the button combination, restart the motor and now it's limited to 25km/h?

For example if I would want the motor to have basic speed limit of 25km/h and 45km/h with button combination. I would need to open the motor files with Besst tool and set the speed limit to 25km/h there. Then the BBR would allow me to unlock 45km/h speed limit with button combination?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thank you for informative answer!

I checked your BBR. Did I understand the speed limit changing correct?

"– ASLS function – Auto Set Low Speed – choose any speed limit you want to start motor after power on. (Not supported with M510 FC2.0 and M560 motors – here is needed restart to take effect)."

I have the m560 750w. Does this mean that everytime I start up the motor the speed limit is what it was when it arrived from the factory? For example mine was set to 45km/h.

And if I wish to lower the speed limit to 25km/h I need to start the motor, do the button combination, restart the motor and now it's limited to 25km/h?

For example if I would want the motor to have basic speed limit of 25km/h and 45km/h with button combination. I would need to open the motor files with Besst tool and set the speed limit to 25km/h there. Then the BBR would allow me to unlock 45km/h speed limit with button combination?

The problem is with M510 FC2.0 and M560. Once you switch speed limit with magic combination you need then restart motor to take in effect. Motor will stay with this speed unless you switch back again to 25kmh by magic combination and restarting motor.

ASLS function does not work with these 2 motors. :(

But if there will be some demand, I can try add a code to BBR for the following functionality - after each motor power on you start with some predefined speed limit (25kmh, 32kmh ...) and by pressing magic combination you will switch to unlimited. Including thumb throttle speed.

Last edited:

sandokan

Aug 4, 2024
Slovakia

Hi all, I don't know if is just me but Bafang Go and Bafang Go+ works with my DP C245. C 2.0 software version 1.1 on Android 10 tablet. It allows me to set personalised ride too.
Has any of you successfully flashed controller or HMI using Bafang Go app with option "update firmware local" ? Thanks
Screenshot_2024-08-04-22-15-38-264.jpeg
Screenshot_2024-08-04-20-53-17-421~3.jpeg

Last edited:

sandokan

Aug 4, 2024
Slovakia
I asked Linda to check with Bafang.

Answer
"
Dear Mike,
Yes, DPC245 is 2.0 version, it only fit go, can not fit go+, version 3.0 is better. We keep asking bafang to offer the 3.0 version, but bafang do not start mass production for 3.0 version, and in the marker, there just only some version 3.0 samples, we can get version around Aug, thank you very much.

Best Regards
Strange my DPC245 2.0 SW 1.1 works with both Go and Go+ on android

tepe

Nov 22, 2023
PL

Is speed limit in besst tool = current speed limit in bafang app ?

Can you also explain acceleration and startup angle features (what are the pros and cons of setting it to 0% startup angle) ?

souftosouf

May 4, 2024
Marseille - France
Hello guys, is Besst really needed for a first build ? i have a hard time finding a dealer within europe, and i've seen that i'ts not that easy to get an account ?
Do i really need Besst if i have a DPC245 ?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hello guys, is Besst really needed for a first build ? i have a hard time finding a dealer within europe, and i've seen that i'ts not that easy to get an account ?
for max speed unlock and for to set the wheel diameter.
I rode a freshly assembled bike for a few months without a besst, but then I had to buy one

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
No you don't. You can buy your motor with a speed limit of your choosing from Anna Lee at Greenbikekit. That's what I did. If you want to tweak your motor more or often change settings then Besst is a good choise. Dado at K1 ebikes does pretty cool tools as well. Definitely check them out. K1 Flash and BBR box are quite popular I think.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Sayonara, thanks for mentioning K1 products.
Recently I see some decline, no order for over a week. :( Not sure what is happening, less people are buying Bafangs?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Is speed limit in besst tool = current speed limit in bafang app ?

Can you also explain acceleration and startup angle features (what are the pros and cons of setting it to 0% startup angle) ?

Hello.

Speed limit in Besst is real speed limit (just with basic password it wont allow you to set over 25kmh). In Go+ it is wrong translated, it is max rotor RPMs.

Startup angle, how much u need to turn cranks to start motor assist. if you set 0 degree, it will bee too sensitive and would kick even when you put leg on pedals. I have 12 Degree set.

Acceleration - how quick power will raise to needed value - ramp up time. At Acceleration 8 it should be 250ms according Besst graph. At level 1 it is over 2.5s

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
But if there will be some demand, I can try add a code to BBR for the following functionality - after each motor power on you start with some predefined speed limit (25kmh, 32kmh ...) and by pressing magic combination you will switch to unlimited. Including thumb throttle speed.

Would it be possible to have a simple device just to easily switch between legal mode (25km/h limit) and unrestricted mode? I think a simple tool like that would be popular.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
With M510 FC2.0 and M560, possible to do only by faking speed sensor impulses.
Few people did asked about this, usually germans and czech. :))

Will do it soon, have already BBR Ultimate which can remove 45kmh throttle, so should be easy now.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
With M510 FC2.0 and M560, possible to do only by faking speed sensor impulses.
Few people did asked about this, usually germans and czech. :))

Will do it soon, have already BBR Ultimate which can remove 45kmh throttle, so should be easy now.
Ah yes.

Though I meant a simple switch between 25km/h and 45km/h. Doesn't have to have over 45km/h so the device could be simpler possibly? 🤔

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Just changed the startup angle. Won't save parameters. You have to go back to 2.2.0.
3.1.0 didn't work for me either but neither did 2.2.0, I had to revert to 2.1.0 to get it to "work".

"Work" is in quotes because:

TL;DR

While Go+ 2.1.0 appears to allow me to set ride parameters they are actually not working. They are saved and when I reload the ride parameters the last values I saved shows up but they don't actually make a difference. I was able to validate this with the @Dado K1 flash tool (awesome tool).

The rest of the story:

I purchased the K1 flash tool from @Dado and attempted to set the wheel size, circumference, speed, assist power levels, and startup angle. According to Go+ the only settings that were set were the wheel size and circumference. After emailing back and forth (thanks Dado for the excellent service) Dado suggested that I try setting the Eco assist level to 0 and see what happens.

First I tried setting it in Go+ which appeared to work and when I reloaded the app and restarted the display it showed 0, great works, right? Wrong, I still had assist, the same amount I had before I set it to 0.
Finally, I set Eco to 0 using the K1 flash tool and lo and behold there was no assist. I repeated this experiment 3 times and then set all of the assist levels to the values that I thought I had set using Go+ and wow, what a power difference. I had to tune them down a bit. I am confident that I will be riding in Tour mode rather than Sport mode for the majority of my rides.

I then proceeded to flash the 13A (43V) firmware (I had the 10A) and it went without a hitch. I am very pleased with my decision to purchase the K1 flash tool. I would have never known that Go+ is fake news.

Thanks @Dado!

P.S. I suspect that Go+ is saving the values but to the wrong parameters so they are persisted across restarts but ignored by the firmware. They must have corrected this in the newer firmware versions. If you are in doubt I would suggest setting Eco power to 0 and see if assist is gone. If not, you might need Besst or a K1.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
3.1.0 didn't work for me either but neither did 2.2.0, I had to revert to 2.1.0 to get it to "work".

"Work" is in quotes because:

TL;DR

While Go+ 2.1.0 appears to allow me to set ride parameters they are actually not working. They are saved and when I reload the ride parameters the last values I saved shows up but they don't actually make a difference. I was able to validate this with the @Dado K1 flash tool (awesome tool).

The rest of the story:

I purchased the K1 flash tool from @Dado and attempted to set the wheel size, circumference, speed, assist power levels, and startup angle. According to Go+ the only settings that were set were the wheel size and circumference. After emailing back and forth (thanks Dado for the excellent service) Dado suggested that I try setting the Eco assist level to 0 and see what happens.

First I tried setting it in Go+ which appeared to work and when I reloaded the app and restarted the display it showed 0, great works, right? Wrong, I still had assist, the same amount I had before I set it to 0.
Finally, I set Eco to 0 using the K1 flash tool and lo and behold there was no assist. I repeated this experiment 3 times and then set all of the assist levels to the values that I thought I had set using Go+ and wow, what a power difference. I had to tune them down a bit. I am confident that I will be riding in Tour mode rather than Sport mode for the majority of my rides.

I then proceeded to flash the 13A (43V) firmware (I had the 10A) and it went without a hitch. I am very pleased with my decision to purchase the K1 flash tool. I would have never known that Go+ is fake news.

Thanks @Dado!

P.S. I suspect that Go+ is saving the values but to the wrong parameters so they are persisted across restarts but ignored by the firmware. They must have corrected this in the newer firmware versions. If you are in doubt I would suggest setting Eco power to 0 and see if assist is gone. If not, you might need Besst or a K1.

Hello mate.
Many thanks for a review.

Yes, with Go+ are still some issues. Important is also to have fw 1.2. (Some users experience proper connectivity also over different firmware versions)

So you set to 0% and assistance is gone? Truth say, I have never tried this. In Besst there is lowest value 1%.
Good to know.

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles