Anyone removed the Trek Rail Battery Lock?

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
I have tried to reach out to the three who have not paid several times, not sure what else to do 🤷‍♂️
Dave, I’m sorry others have let you down. Especially as some have clearly been online. However I’m pretty sure we can get them sold easy enough. Via some of the Facebook pages, did you want me to share for you?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Do you want to handle the distribution? Dave_B wants to ship the items to one location in the US to minimize S&H. I am in SoCal as well
@Arron M is the guy making these and he will want to ship to one location in the US so you guys need to determine who that is.

I am only distributing to UK members.

sqzer

Aug 23, 2021
Slovakia
Do you want one of the spare UK units?
I could relay it to you?
It will be £40 + your postage
I could relay it to you?
I could relay it to you?
i just want to know total price with postage dont mind from where it goes xD in euros will be best. but if it will be cheaper from Australia to my door i dont care either.

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Well, im sure you could use an online postal quote site for UK to your home shipping then add on £40

Turricann

Oct 17, 2020
Chester
Not without a great deal of extra work, let’s be clear though, there is no chance the battery will break as stated above, I’m sure Turricann meant to say battery cover though.

Even still if you look at the way the battery cover is mounted I would completely disagree that it would break.

If you wanted to incorporate those screws then you should also add material down to level of the channel where the screw holes are, if you don’t then any movement between the parts will like cause thread damage.

It’s possible, I’ll have a think about how to make it work.
You are right defiantly wouldn't damage the battery or the battery or cover as its connected in the groove on the battery, on my rail 9.8 2021 if those screws are not in the cover does flap about 2-3mm causing rattling.
I am sure you could just use some double-sided tape to hold it in place, my preference was to incorporate into the bracket so it's held like the oem.

Animal80

Sep 24, 2021
Norway
by the way, because of people dropping out and not paying, I am £160 out of pocket on this, so if you have friends who want one of these brackets, please do let me know.
Hi
I haven't seen that the part was ready and you needed your payment.
Really sorry for that.
Sorry for all your troubles.
Is there still Anny left or is they all gone.?

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Hi
I haven't seen that the part was ready and you needed your payment.
Really sorry for that.
Sorry for all your troubles.
Is there still Anny left or is they all gone.?
You are in Norway. You can either arrange directly with Aaron M for him to make one and ship it to you or you can have the remaining one left in the batch being shipped to the Uk. It will cost you £40 plus shipping from UK to Norway.

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
If I were you I would message the other US members and ask them to pay you so you can pay Arron who will then ship to you for you to then distribute in the US.

emtboulder

Jun 2, 2022
Boulder, CO
I don’t mind handling the shipping. As long as we all pay Arron 1st. I dont mind shipping out from SoCal. Just let me know what to do.
Roy, thanks for your offer and I will take you up on that! I had previously offered, but I'm headed out to Moab UT tomorrow for a week or so and it appears to be crunch time on this. Happy to pay Arron 1st and venmo you the US shipping later.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles