Any other bike brands planning to use the pinion mgu in 2025?

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Curious if there are any other brands planning to jump on the mgu from pinion.

Pinion has a list of 2024 brands using it but I'd honestly only consider purchasing the Nikolai out of the bikes on the list. Even then, I'm in north America so I'm not sure if I could.

It would be cool if a major brand available in na would step up and go against the sram/shimano/bosch grain.

D

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I got a prompt response from Nikolai today, unfortunately the pinion system still needs certification in north America.

Hello Darwin,
Thank you for your interest in our Saturn 16 MGU. :)

The market in your country is very important to us, and we are committed to providing the best products and services to our international customers.

Unfortunately, we must inform you that we (Pinion and FIT) currently do not have the necessary certification for the batteries in your country, which makes the sale of the Saturn 16 MGU not possible at this time.

Please rest assured that we are working closely with Fit and Pinion to develop a solution and obtain the required certifications to enable sales in your country as soon as possible. We will inform you immediately once we have received the necessary approvals. This is planned to be solved in the fourth quarter of 2025.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and patience. If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Vincent
---

D

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
Well that's not good. When I asked a month ago they said:

"Please rest assured that we are working closely with Fit and Pinion to develop a solution and obtain the required certifications to enable sales in your country as soon as possible. We will inform you immediately once we have received the necessary approvals. This is planned to be solved in the fourth quarter pof 2024."

Full year difference between our responses.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles