Altering steering angle (Rise)

RichT

Errrr angle of the fork stearer tube. But yes. The frame head tube is fixed but on some models it’s possible to alter the steering within the head tube by fitting off set or adjustable head sets cups or some other arrangement.

Eg the Chris king ones are the same top and bottom but are both off set forward to give the rider more reach or move his weight forward.

If in my case, if just the top bearing race was moved forward it would steepen the angle within the frame. If the bottom race wax moved forward it would move the angle more slack.

But the bearing races have to be machined to still be square to the steerer tube

But it’s all that shinanigins yes 👍
So just to be clear, and again please forgive my newbee ignorance, but you want the fork at a different (steeper) angle than the head tube? Is that the goal?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Indeed….. but here’s the key question

Will it fit?

There’s two 10 mm spacers below the stem but this would mean raising the front as the cups sit outside the frame. They’re by negating half (or some amount) of the advantage of fitting them. The video for these does state they can be fitted front or back. Slack or steep

If they fit of course
I use the 9point8 slacker in reverse as a "steeper" and it works just fine on my rise H30.

Slacker.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles