5-10's or Something different. For the impact friendly rider.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If anyone does buy a pair of 5:10’s, pay attention to the comments about the sizes.
My old 5:10 Hellcat’s were an 8.5, so I ordered an 8.5, 9 and 9.5 to be safe. I need the 9.5, and even then they’re not as roomy as my old ones!!

Most of my every day shoes are 8 or 8.5, so there’s something seriously wrong with their sizing!!

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Sounds a bit like the Adidas Terrex.
I usually wear size 8-8.5 but I needed a 9.5 in the Terrex boots. I bought some size 8 insoles to put in and they fit but only just.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
How about these!?? For the snow and muck! ???

Northwave Raptor GTX Winter Shoes | Chain Reaction Cycles
Screenshot_20200112_092225_com.android.chrome.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm not doing very well with anything I've ordered over the last month .. with ZERO deliveries ..

The Etnies from Evans seem to have joined the list of companies who take your money, but don't dispatch the goods. Never used Evans before .. Still says "stock allocated" 10 days after ordering .. is this normal Evans practice ?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I'm not doing very well with anything I've ordered over the last month .. with ZERO deliveries ..

The Etnies from Evans seem to have joined the list of companies who take your money, but don't dispatch the goods. Never used Evans before .. Still says "stock allocated" 10 days after ordering .. is this normal Evans practice ?

I’ve bought loads of stuff from Evans over the last few years (including 2 bikes) and never had an issue.
Ordered a Trek Rail from them at the weekend (in store), so hoping it goes smoothly too!!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

I bought a pair of Northwave Goretex shoes similar to above for the winter. I’m a reynauds sufferer, so thought they’d keep my feet warm.
They do their job, but the soles are so stiff they’re no fun to walk in. They also look absolutely hideous!

Got a pair of 5:10 Freerider EPS delivered on Friday, and wore them yesterday when it was -2degC with a foot warmer in the toes. Just as warm, more comfortable, and better looking! They won’t be nearly as waterproof or easily cleaned though!

I think the Northwave’s will be appearing on eBay the next time they have a £1 listing day ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm guessing Evans have gone for an early Brexit.

Two weeks now and nothing. Still shows .. "in stock" .. "stock allocated" ...

Wrote three day ago to ask if they ever actually planned to send them .. nothing..

Wrote yesterday to cancel them because I'm impatient and the service sucks .. nothing ..

My first and last Evans experience has sadly not been a good one. No Etnies for me.

EDIT : Literally just had an Evans update .. they don't have them in stock/won't have them in stock .. and apologies for the lack of updates. So a good and honest update. Maybe not my last Evans ever.

Last edited:

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I bought 5 10 freeride EPS boots (not shoes) at xmas. They are all leather...quite a thick leather...are semi stiff..possibly a bit stiffer than my regular 5 10 freerides. They have pretty good impact protection and some insulation. They are also completely waterproof. On my very wet and pretty cold rides since xmas they have kept my feet warm and dry. Like them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles