Levo Gen 3 22 comp vs 22 base + upgrades

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
I test rode a 22 levo comp and while I love the bike, I feel like I might get more bang for my buck just getting a base model, upgrading it and getting a better bike the comp.

The upgrades would be:
Fox 38 fork (which one?)
Fox Float X2 (which one?)
Magura MT7 Brakes

I'm hoping I could get by with the base model shifter lever and cassette.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hello, I'm thinking the same thing but with Zeb I prefer Rockshox, and a coil rear
Old TCU so I can use again Blevo :love:
GX shifter lever and cassette but the 50T-52T is useless so maybe 11 speeds which also costs much less as a replacement cassette and chain
Battery 700 +400 euros

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
I done just that, comp alloy, fox 38 with secus, ext e-storia coil, mt7's, fox 200mm dropper, cushcore, derestricted. Crazy fun to ride

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hello, I'm thinking the same thing but with Zeb I prefer Rockshox, and a coil rear
Old TCU so I can use again Blevo :love:
GX shifter lever and cassette but the 50T-52T is useless so maybe 11 speeds which also costs much less as a replacement cassette and chain
Battery 700 +400 euros
Can I direct replace the SX shifter with a GX shifter? Also, when you say battery 700+400 euros, is your dealer allowing you to upgrade the battery for 400 euros? I would be interested in doing something like that if its standard upgrade option.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
I contemplated the same as I’m cheap and had a bike set up close to what I liked. I got a alloy comp. The battery and the 36 were sealed the deal. Color options help too. I spent a day calling around and none of the shops within 3 hours of me plan to even carry the base alloy.

i swapped everything but except the front end of my 27.5 meta power. 11 speed drivetrain,super delux coil, smashpot, MT5e, custom rear wheel, etc. While the 38/Zeb is the new and shiny the Lyrik served me well for 2000 single track miles. A 36 will be sufficient. Coming to that realization actually saved Me money and I get the bigger battery. Now I get 2 rides per charge until the high country opens then maybe some big rides.
After taking with EXT about springs yesterday I think I’m going to start stashing some money for an e-storia, but I’ll live with the SD coil for now.

now a have a brand new12sp drivetrain and codes to put on my old bike to sell. Hopefully that will be worth $500 more now.

Last edited:

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
After taking with EXT about springs yesterday I think I’m going to start stashing some money for an e-storia, but I’ll live with the SD coil for now.

Which springs does EXT recommend for your weight on the Levo 2022? What's your weight? Is the hydraulics of the E-History specific to this new Levo?

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Which springs does EXT recommend for your weight on the Levo 2022? What's your weight? Is the hydraulics of the E-History specific to this new Levo?
Im a bit heavier than usual ride now due to holiday fluff and a glute injury from dally off a small feature wrong back in late summer. I’m just now able to ride with minimal discomfort I’m 260lbs (118kg) my riding is more technical xc that endro so I run plusher suspension as fast big hits aren’t my thing. They recommended a 750lb spring. The 650 I ran on my meta power is a little too soft.

No the estoria isn’t any specific to the levo. It does have huge adjustment range so it likely won’t need revalving to move to a new bike. 2 things that strike me as very beneficial on the estoria:

14mm cromoly damper shaft stout and hard wearing.The damper shaft on my super delux needs replacing. The anodizing has been worn offthe top side from the side loadof a yoke set up. It’s really hardon shocks especially coils as there shaft diameter is so much smaller than an air shock.

Hydraulic bottom out control. You can run a softer spring for traction and have an independent bottom out control for the end of stroke.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles