Levo Gen 3 Power issues 22 Levo

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Finally got them to send a battery and guess what? It fixed it. Been dealing with this for over a year and has been utterly ridiculous. Bike had 200 ish miles when this started and now has 806. Sent a series of videos to my dealer and Specialized of me switching batteries between bikes and they finally gave up. First dealer updated it and kept it for 2 weeks and said it was fixed. The current dealer had it since mid February of this year. Replaced the TCU and then called me to say it lost power again when riding in the parking lot. They then put a power cable on it. I picked it up and rode it 3 miles and lost power. They then put a speed sensor on it and it lost power in a few miles again. They, and I mean the dealer and the Specialized tech rep. absolutely have no idea how to diagnose a intermittent problem and can hardly deal with something that is a hard fault. I actually started to feel sorry for them.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Finally got them to send a battery and guess what? It fixed it. Been dealing with this for over a year and has been utterly ridiculous. Bike had 200 ish miles when this started and now has 806. Sent a series of videos to my dealer and Specialized of me switching batteries between bikes and they finally gave up. First dealer updated it and kept it for 2 weeks and said it was fixed. The current dealer had it since mid February of this year. Replaced the TCU and then called me to say it lost power again when riding in the parking lot. They then put a power cable on it. I picked it up and rode it 3 miles and lost power. They then put a speed sensor on it and it lost power in a few miles again. They, and I mean the dealer and the Specialized tech rep. absolutely have no idea how to diagnose a intermittent problem and can hardly deal with something that is a hard fault. I actually started to feel sorry for them.
Frustrating that and it's took a long time to get it sorted. I've a battery problem on a Cairn rival gravel bike I got 2 weeks ago . Battery wasn't fully charged on arrival and would not charge . Got 10 miles then it went through all the power modes itself and cut out a few times. Sent me a new charger three days ago charged no problem did 26 miles still going up through power modes itself. Charged 60percent when I got home. Tried topping it up next morning not charging again . So looks like battery is at fault which they did think . Luckily its a light bike so not a problem to cycle without power. Ah the joys of Ebikes

ReadyShreddy

Nov 17, 2023
UK
Think I was lucky with mine, the local dealer has changed the cable, TCU and the diagnosed it to be the battery. Think it helped as they have other bikes that they switch the parts off to determine what's wrong with it. The new battery seems to have fixed my issue as well

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Think I was lucky with mine, the local dealer has changed the cable, TCU and the diagnosed it to be the battery. Think it helped as they have other bikes that they switch the parts off to determine what's wrong with it. The new battery seems to have fixed my issue as well
Love it , imagine going in to a shop with a pocket full of cash and seeing a bike you would buy yesterday . To be told the TCU and the DIC were taken off and the fitted to an another Ebike by the GIC.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles