2025 Wild ST vs 2025 Rise SL

jgf

Jun 18, 2024
Canada
I had the new Rise SL with the 625 kw battery shortlisted on my list of candidates (H20 or M20 version) but the new Wild ST (short travel) has made things unexpectedly interesting? Wondering on peoples thoughts here. I am absolutely more of a trail rider but I have to say that the new gen Bosch CX motor of the Wild is waaaaay more appealing to me than the EP600 in the the two Rise models i am looking at. Presumably the Wild is going to be some amount heavier but Orbea is super cagey on their weights so maybe not all that much?

Basically a 2025 Wild ST and the 2025 Rise models seem to co-exist in the same space. Thoughts on the two vs each other?

NVRider

Oct 9, 2024
Reno
I haven't ridden those ST/SL models but i was just test-riding and deciding between a Wild and Rise and was riding those motors back to back.. The Bosch is more torquey/stronger but the ep6 was impressively strong for how (very) tiny it looks.

The Wild is going to be considerably more stable/planted/bump-absorbing and the Rise is going to be more light/agile/playful. They were both awesome.
I don't know that they really would occupy the same space, even if you took some travel off the wild and added some to the rise. The Wild is not lightweight, it feels like a beast (in a good way, though).
If you want to go fast over rocks/roots and/or be super stable all the time, get the Wild.

If you are going to mostly be riding smoother trails and want a lightweight, playful, nimble bike get the Rise.

That is probably an oversimplification.. but it's how I saw it. They are both fun. The Wild is probably like 10 pounds heavier than the Rise, the Rise is truly light. I live in the mountains and picked the Wild, it gets delivered this week!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles