2021 Santa Cruz Bullit

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
@Coolcmsc

i noticed it’s you on the Facebook group with the lav bullit ... we need more pics of it on the group .. need more owner members ...

Strange that there is not many Santa Cruz ebike groups and the one I can see on Facebook is in Spanish I think .
Yes, I saw that one in Spanish. There’s a small but interesting YT Channel that’s posted a couple of nice Bullit vids recently from Tenerife I think — https://youtube.com/c/theandovoenduromtb No idea if they’re linked...

I’ll put a couple more pics on your group now too!

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
54EA9F4A-4F8A-4A81-977F-142AECE66C7D.jpeg

Swapped out the Assegai for the Minion Dhf Exo+ & i can confirm the bike rolls much better. Did a similar ride in the peaks again yesterday and got back to the car with 2 bars of battery instead of running out with 2miles to go.
Im not saying its all down to the tyre but there was a noticable difference, and I didn’t feel i lost any grip on the steep rocky rooty stuff.

dcpatters

Mar 11, 2021
Southern California
View attachment 56206
Swapped out the Assegai for the Minion Dhf Exo+ & i can confirm the bike rolls much better. Did a similar ride in the peaks again yesterday and got back to the car with 2 bars of battery instead of running out with 2miles to go.
Im not saying its all down to the tyre but there was a noticable difference, and I didn’t feel i lost any grip on the steep rocky rooty stuff.

How do you like the 2.6 Minion vs the 2.5 Assegai? Do you feel any compromise with front bite and grip?

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
How do you like the 2.6 Minion vs the 2.5 Assegai? Do you feel any compromise with front bite and grip?
We rode mud, hardpacked,roots & rocks yesterday & to be honest I didn’t notice any reduced grip. A better rider than me may be able to tell the difference but i found the better rolling & less weight outweighs the higher grip of the Assegai.

dcpatters

Mar 11, 2021
Southern California
We rode mud, hardpacked,roots & rocks yesterday & to be honest I didn’t notice any reduced grip. A better rider than me may be able to tell the difference but i found the better rolling & less weight outweighs the higher grip of the Assegai.
Cheers Richwall. Here in SoCal, no roots but hard packed single tracks, mixed with loose rock, etc. I might swap the front to a DHF and 27.5 x 2.6 Rekon rear.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
Can anyone comment on sizing? Curious if the bike feels sized right at Santa Cruz's size recommendations or if there is benefit in sizing up? I ask because I'm 5'8.5" barefoot with relative long arms and legs (+1.75 Ape Index; 31.5 inseam) and currently have a medium Heckler that feels too small when I'm on the steep, chunky stuff (feels like I'm too far over the front wheel). The Bullit size recommendation has me between a medium and large. I currently have a reservation for the Bullit in medium, but am worried that I should maybe size up. The medium Bullit is about 28mm longer wheelbase compared to the medium Heckler and I've read that it feels like a big, long bike. If that's the case, I'll likely stick with the medium, but am interested in hearing from people who have spent time with the Bullit. Do you recommend sizing up or down if in between Santa Cruz's recommended sizes?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Can anyone comment on sizing? Curious if the bike feels sized right at Santa Cruz's size recommendations or if there is benefit in sizing up? I ask because I'm 5'8.5" barefoot with relative long arms and legs (+1.75 Ape Index; 31.5 inseam) and currently have a medium Heckler that feels too small when I'm on the steep, chunky stuff (feels like I'm too far over the front wheel). The Bullit size recommendation has me between a medium and large. I currently have a reservation for the Bullit in medium, but am worried that I should maybe size up. The medium Bullit is about 28mm longer wheelbase compared to the medium Heckler and I've read that it feels like a big, long bike. If that's the case, I'll likely stick with the medium, but am interested in hearing from people who have spent time with the Bullit. Do you recommend sizing up or down if in between Santa Cruz's recommended sizes?

seems to me you need the large . I’m 5’10
But I’m a short arse and will be ordering a large as I have a larger torso and like it longer for decent .

only trouble is I’ve been told the 2022 bikes will be in small supply if that’s what you have ordered .

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Im 6ft & my large is bang on for me, my analogue bike is a Bronson also large and the Bullit definitely feels roomier in the reach department.

Dec 18, 2019
UK

Ask for the RAD measurement for the medium and the large and you should be able to answer your question. To work out how to get your RAD measurement, try this.
I need an XXL, but even that's likely to be a tad small in the bar height. Based on a test ride on the XXL Heckler, i felt I needed more bar height, 29er front wheel and longer wheelbase. As my Trail Pistol has similar geo to the Heckler, I can see my current RAD sizes up small, so the Bullit with a riser bar and longer wheelbase should be perfect for me. I cant get a test ride on one to confirm this, but have placed my order based on my current bike's geo and understanding of the geo figures, which show I need a slightly longer wheelbase and a higher front end with the standard reach.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
Ask for the RAD measurement for the medium and the large and you should be able to answer your question. To work out how to get your RAD measurement, try this.
I need an XXL, but even that's likely to be a tad small in the bar height. Based on a test ride on the XXL Heckler, i felt I needed more bar height, 29er front wheel and longer wheelbase. As my Trail Pistol has similar geo to the Heckler, I can see my current RAD sizes up small, so the Bullit with a riser bar and longer wheelbase should be perfect for me. I cant get a test ride on one to confirm this, but have placed my order based on my current bike's geo and understanding of the geo figures, which show I need a slightly longer wheelbase and a higher front end with the standard reach.

Thanks -- appreciate the insight and the suggestion regarding RAD. I do know my RAD number, but the problem I find with measuring RAD is it's a measurement of something subjective (based on Lee McCormack's opinion of best bike fit) not science per se. RAD is Lee's interpretation of what provides a rider with the best leverage on a bike. However, leverage is just one of many variables and factors that come into play on a bike and how it rides on a given terrain. I appreciate Lee's perspective and credentials, but his is one of many often conflicting opinions -- including riders and bike manufacturers who continue to demand and make modern geometry bikes that are longer, because they find they ride better (again, subjective). I don't have the right answer, but I do know that many of the newer bikes exceed what Lee considers acceptable.

I'm most curious about the Bullit specifically. Does it feel long or short given the size? And for anyone who is in between sizes, would you recommend sizing up or down?

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Thanks -- appreciate the insight and the suggestion regarding RAD. I do know my RAD number, but the problem I find with measuring RAD is it's a measurement of something subjective (based on Lee McCormack's opinion of best bike fit) not science per se. RAD is Lee's interpretation of what provides a rider with the best leverage on a bike. However, leverage is just one of many variables and factors that come into play on a bike and how it rides on a given terrain. I appreciate Lee's perspective and credentials, but his is one of many often conflicting opinions -- including riders and bike manufacturers who continue to demand and make modern geometry bikes that are longer, because they find they ride better (again, subjective). I don't have the right answer, but I do know that many of the newer bikes exceed what Lee considers acceptable.

I'm most curious about the Bullit specifically. Does it feel long or short given the size? And for anyone who is in between sizes, would you recommend sizing up or down?

It's good to see you understand the principles of Geometry and RAD. I'm unable to comment on the Bullit's 'feel' as i've not been able to sit on one, let alone ride it.
I've had to base placing my order on my current bike's geo and the aforementioned test ride of the Heckler. Also, being tall adds a further degree of complexity into the 'feel' question. In order to create a roomy/comfortable feeling cockpit on my Trail Pistol, i've got the seat slammed back on the rails as far as it will go and added a 50mm stem. There's less than half a degree difference in the seat post angles, but every degree equates to around 20mm difference in ETT. My TP is the best riding bike i've owned, to date, but I do still feel a bit too perched over the bars. The longer ETT of the Heckler gave me a much roomier feeling cockpit and the stem length is the same as my TP's. However, the lower Stack still gave me a weighted front end feeling, further exacerbated by the smaller front wheel, albeit with the extra wheelbase helping to counter this somewhat. I chose not to by a Heckler based on this, as well as the rumoured EP8 and larger battery becoming available.
Moving on and SC launched the Bullit. Almost identical Stack and ETT to my Trail Pistol but, for me, a longer wheelbase and longer front centre. Being a big unit, my size makes an enduro style bike handle like a trail bike, which is why i've quickly found the limits of my Trail Pistol, which leaves me feeling under-biked when the going gets a bit more rowdy. I reckon the longer front centre will keep me feeling less like going over the bars on the steeps, combined with the longer wheelbase and 29er making the bike feel less flighty. I reckon i'll be ok with the standard, 40mm, stem, but I expect i'll need a riser bar to get my optimum RAD. To sum up, given my comparisons between the the three bikes, I reckon it will feel short. The Heckler felt close to perfect in that regard and you could easily size smaller on that bike, but it's likely to be a different story on the Bullit. Hopefully you'll get some decent feedback from other riders soon.
With that in mind, it may be better to wait and try before you buy if you're unwilling to gamble on your understanding of Geo and RAD, but it could be a long wait. From the reviews i've read, it's coming across as being a pretty good all rounder, despite it's gravity bias, with agile handling being mentioned by a few test riders, as well as a preference for a slacker head angle when the going gets really steep. I'm happy with the current set-up as 'too raked out' will risk making my usual trails a tad unchallenging.
If you're still concerned about it feeling big for it's given size, take a look at your favourite bike and compare the Geo figures. If they're a close match, you'll know which size to go for. For me personally, if the bike feels bigger when it arrives, that can only be a good thing. However, we're all different and require different things, so i've just explained my personal experience and requirements, which may be of help.
The other thing i've done is run a spreadsheet listing all the geo numbers of the bikes that are likely to fit my 1.98m frame so I can compare each one directly with my Trail Pistol. Looking at that, my perfect bike would appear to be the Bullit, but with the more relaxed seat angle of the Heckler and at least a 20mm riser bar. As the Bullit's the closest thing to perfect for me and is currently available on the market, that's why i've ordered one.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
It's good to see you understand the principles of Geometry and RAD. I'm unable to comment on the Bullit's 'feel' as i've not been able to sit on one, let alone ride it.
I've had to base placing my order on my current bike's geo and the aforementioned test ride of the Heckler. Also, being tall adds a further degree of complexity into the 'feel' question. In order to create a roomy/comfortable feeling cockpit on my Trail Pistol, i've got the seat slammed back on the rails as far as it will go and added a 50mm stem. There's less than half a degree difference in the seat post angles, but every degree equates to around 20mm difference in ETT. My TP is the best riding bike i've owned, to date, but I do still feel a bit too perched over the bars. The longer ETT of the Heckler gave me a much roomier feeling cockpit and the stem length is the same as my TP's. However, the lower Stack still gave me a weighted front end feeling, further exacerbated by the smaller front wheel, albeit with the extra wheelbase helping to counter this somewhat. I chose not to by a Heckler based on this, as well as the rumoured EP8 and larger battery becoming available.
Moving on and SC launched the Bullit. Almost identical Stack and ETT to my Trail Pistol but, for me, a longer wheelbase and longer front centre. Being a big unit, my size makes an enduro style bike handle like a trail bike, which is why i've quickly found the limits of my Trail Pistol, which leaves me feeling under-biked when the going gets a bit more rowdy. I reckon the longer front centre will keep me feeling less like going over the bars on the steeps, combined with the longer wheelbase and 29er making the bike feel less flighty. I reckon i'll be ok with the standard, 40mm, stem, but I expect i'll need a riser bar to get my optimum RAD. To sum up, given my comparisons between the the three bikes, I reckon it will feel short. The Heckler felt close to perfect in that regard and you could easily size smaller on that bike, but it's likely to be a different story on the Bullit. Hopefully you'll get some decent feedback from other riders soon.
With that in mind, it may be better to wait and try before you buy if you're unwilling to gamble on your understanding of Geo and RAD, but it could be a long wait. From the reviews i've read, it's coming across as being a pretty good all rounder, despite it's gravity bias, with agile handling being mentioned by a few test riders, as well as a preference for a slacker head angle when the going gets really steep. I'm happy with the current set-up as 'too raked out' will risk making my usual trails a tad unchallenging.
If you're still concerned about it feeling big for it's given size, take a look at your favourite bike and compare the Geo figures. If they're a close match, you'll know which size to go for. For me personally, if the bike feels bigger when it arrives, that can only be a good thing. However, we're all different and require different things, so i've just explained my personal experience and requirements, which may be of help.
The other thing i've done is run a spreadsheet listing all the geo numbers of the bikes that are likely to fit my 1.98m frame so I can compare each one directly with my Trail Pistol. Looking at that, my perfect bike would appear to be the Bullit, but with the more relaxed seat angle of the Heckler and at least a 20mm riser bar. As the Bullit's the closest thing to perfect for me and is currently available on the market, that's why i've ordered one.

Appreciate the detailed response. Even though our heights are different, we appear to be after similar things. What I'm really trying to do is have more front center so the front wheel is further out front of me. This is where my Heckler lets me down. It's great on flat twisty trails, but I feel its limits immediately upon riding steep chunky downhill tracks. I'm perched too far forward over the front wheel/handlebars. I initially thought I needed more reach, but after experimenting, I was able to counter some of this feeling by going with a shorter stem and more stack -- despite the bike being a little small for me. It seems counterintuitive, but the stack made up for a lot of the decreased reach of a shorter stem and kept more of my weight back behind the front wheel. While it helped, it's not the full answer.

I compiled a list of key geo measurements from eight enduro bikes that I would put in a similar class to the Bullit. I paid particular attention to reach/stem length, front center and wheelbase, as I believe you can extrapolate most of what you need from these to get a good sense for a bike's feel. What stands out in comparing the Bullit to these other bikes is that it has a relatively long wheelbase but a comparatively short reach. That means a few things to me. For one, it obviously has longer rear chainstays, but more importantly a more upright riding position mid bike, along with some other unique dynamics. An example that illustrates this point: the Specialized Enduro in S3 (medium) has a total reach (reach + stem) of 515mm, a front center of 806mm and total wheelbase of 1246mm. The medium Bullit has a total reach of 490mm, a front center of 790mm and a total wheelbase of 1239mm. The wheelbase of the two bikes is fairly comparable, but the overall reach of the Bullit is substantially shorter, as is the front center. However, the front wheel is actually further out from the handlebars on the Bullit (300mm) versus the Enduro (291mm). That sounds like what I'm looking for, but it doesn't tell the full story, because the Bullit's bottom bracket is further forward on the bike than the Enduro and that may contribute to the perched-over-the-front-wheel feeling we're both trying to avoid. Imagine if the bars are closer to the body and your body weight is thrown forward, it's much harder to keep from going over the bars even if your front wheel is further out in front of you.

Unfortunately I can't find a demo Bullit to swing a leg over and get a feel for. I've seen some reviewers state it has a big, long-bike feel, so I'm hopeful. I was fortunate to find a Bullit in medium that I have reserved, but, again I'm in between sizes, and do worry that a large might be the better size for me -- just don't know. That's why I asked for folks' general impression of the bike size. It's definitely not scientific, but hearing from others with experience on the bike is another data point that could be really helpful.

A final point on RAD. Here is a bike builder's take on Lee McCormack's RAD theories. I tend to agree with his points more than Lee's, but thought you might find it interesting either way. I’m soooo RAD! | Peter Verdone Designs

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Appreciate the detailed response. Even though our heights are different, we appear to be after similar things. What I'm really trying to do is have more front center so the front wheel is further out front of me. This is where my Heckler lets me down. It's great on flat twisty trails, but I feel its limits immediately upon riding steep chunky downhill tracks. I'm perched too far forward over the front wheel/handlebars. I initially thought I needed more reach, but after experimenting, I was able to counter some of this feeling by going with a shorter stem and more stack -- despite the bike being a little small for me. It seems counterintuitive, but the stack made up for a lot of the decreased reach of a shorter stem and kept more of my weight back behind the front wheel. While it helped, it's not the full answer.

Part of the issue/problem is the trend for modern geo having to run steep seat tube angles, in order to make sufficient room for the rear wheel to move through its full stroke without hitting the seat tube. The XXL Bullit is 76.8 and my Trail Pistol is 76.6. What i'd really like to know is the actual seat tube angle on the Bullit. By comparison, the Hecklers SA is slacker, which creates a better rearward balance on the bike and a roomier feeling cockpit. However, as you also found, the Heckler's geo lets it down when the going gets chunky. I lost confidence on my test day in the Forrest of Dean, when on the gnarlier down hills. The Bullit, when comparing side on photo's, appears to have a more relaxed actual seat angle than my Trail Pistol, so i'm hopeful it'll feel roomier in the cockpit with the seat at full extension.
I'm also in the same ball park regarding the stack. Both the Bullit and my Trail Pistol have stacks over 670mm, way more than the Heckler's 655mm. When riding along on my Pistol, I can sit a smidge more upright, which moves my hand placement upwards and rearwards and I find that feels quite natural and comfy, so i'm pretty certain the Bullit's going to feel very similar in the cockpit area, but with more stability on the front due to the front centre being significantly longer than anything else out there at present. Couple that with the smaller rear wheel and i'm sure it'll handle at least as well as my Trail Pistol in the twisties, but with more stability and confidence when the going gets steeper and rougher.
Even if the cockpit feels less roomy , I know a riser bar will likely resolve that and I can always change my current saddle for something longer (I can get 25mm more adjustment by changing saddles) and then there's always the option of a longer stem.
Interestingly, I only cottoned onto RAD myself fairly recently, so I compared my current bikes; my trusty old San Andreas and the Trail Pistol. Given that my Sannie is 8 inches shorter in length and on tiny wheels, it still has virtually the same RAD as my Pistol. However, over the bars on the Sannie used to be the norm and the balance point was very finite, which never inspired confidence in getting airborne, trying to wheelie or handle anything steep. The Pistol has a noticeably wider ratio balance point and has transformed my confidence, resulting in only one over the bars moment in 3 years of riding it. I'm hitting steeper, gnarlier and more technical trails than i've ever done, but still feel a little under-biked, hence wanting something with just that little bit more and the Bullit looks to be the one to deliver.
Also in the running were:-
Focus Sam2, but that has a stupidly low rider weight limit.
Spesh Kenevo, but the overly steep SA made for a very cramped cockpit which would've required a fair few mods to sort out and lacks a 29 wheel on the front.
Mondraker Level R, but like the Focus, has the Bosch and I really wanted the Shimano EP8.
Kona Remote. but the current model only has the old 504wh battery and a low stack. The latter also affects other choices like Orange's Surge, Bull's Sonic ENS and the Heckler.

Last edited:

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Has anyone found good instructions about how to adjust and tighten the internal Shimano battery mount on Bullit? My dealer informed me of yet-another battery falling out of Bullit. I just quickly glanced over EP8 User's and Dealer's manuals and they don't have this information.

I hope that people don't injure themselves due to this issue when bike park season starts... I think I will be using an additional safety measure of transparent Gorilla tape on the top part of the battery.

Last edited:

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
0AB63B6B-C056-43C3-9A2B-8C519851E489.jpeg

ive just ordered one of these from Rockguardz, should help with this issue. Although fingers crossed not had this issue, my battery does feel really tight when clipping in.

emanc

Mar 28, 2021
UK
Hi Guys, just joined the forum. Collected my Bullit X01 Reserve on Saturday from The Trail Head Bicycle Company in Shrewsbury.

Looking forward to some epic rides, this is my first eMTB.

I’ve been riding for years and had a few Santa Cruz rigs.

I’m looking for some advise, after reading the thread I noted a few posts relating to the battery falling out.

This happened to me on my first down hill run, down Minton Batch at Long Mynd Shopshire.

The battery is pretty beat up and the battery cover is cracked.

Is this a common issue? Has anyone tried to claim a warranty replacement?

I feel pretty disappointed tbh. Plan to call the Trail Head tomorrow.

Looking forward to receiving your replies.

Last edited:

RSVB4

Apr 27, 2020
Ca
Does anyone know the leverage ratio and curve of the bullit? Ie How progressive it actually is? Trying to find any real data on it is non existent. They just say “it’s progressive enough for coil” but I would like to see numbers and chart

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I just sent email to Santa Cruz so that they would publish easy and clear instructions how to adjust and tighten battery mounts on the Bullit. I hope they do this before the bike park season starts and someone gets injured...

MarkusW

Feb 23, 2021
Germany
Hi, I was a silent reader so fare. I am based in Germany and have a Bullit S for 1 month now. Very nice ride. I would like to experiment with a Coil and got myself a cheap Marzocchi Bomber CR. Anyone knows which bushings are needed ?

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I placed a deposit down on a Bullit as soon as the bike was announced, and today my local dealer found out from Santa Cruz that the bikes are sold out. Seriously WTF??? Even more absurd is that I am on the west coast of the USA. Told the dealer to look into one of the new Specialized Turbo Levos just announced. Maybe for the best that I end up with a Levo with that powerful Brose motor, big battery, and better efficiency. Who knows. Could be that I end up riding my Heckler all summer. Won't be a disaster as it's pretty good since I did the mullet. I just want more power and better range. Ideal would be the Bullit chassis with the Brose motor.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
I placed a deposit down on a Bullit as soon as the bike was announced, and today my local dealer found out from Santa Cruz that the bikes are sold out. Seriously WTF??? Even more absurd is that I am on the west coast of the USA. Told the dealer to look into one of the new Specialized Turbo Levos just announced. Maybe for the best that I end up with a Levo with that powerful Brose motor, big battery, and better efficiency. Who knows. Could be that I end up riding my Heckler all summer. Won't be a disaster as it's pretty good since I did the mullet. I just want more power and better range. Ideal would be the Bullit chassis with the Brose motor.

I have a Bullit on order with an anticipated delivery date in mid May. Have to admit the new Levo caught my eye and it's tempting for a lot of the reasons you mentioned, but the problem is it's still a trail bike with 150mm travel -- not the big hitter that the Bullit is. Everything else on it looks great though -- and I love the adjustable geo. My local Specialized retailer told me he is hearing Specialized will announce something like an SL Enduro in the coming weeks. That would be a game changer for me and could have me reconsidering the Bullit.

I too am currently riding a Heckler, but it just can't keep up with the steep, chunky terrain I ride. I'm going to sit tight and see what happens in the next couple weeks. If something like an SL Enduro is announced, I might cancel my Bullit order and ride the Heckler until I can get the Specialized rig.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I have a Bullit on order with an anticipated delivery date in mid May. Have to admit the new Levo caught my eye and it's tempting for a lot of the reasons you mentioned, but the problem is it's still a trail bike with 150mm travel -- not the big hitter that the Bullit is. Everything else on it looks great though -- and I love the adjustable geo. My local Specialized retailer told me he is hearing Specialized will announce something like an SL Enduro in the coming weeks. That would be a game changer for me and could have me reconsidering the Bullit.

I too am currently riding a Heckler, but it just can't keep up with the steep, chunky terrain I ride. I'm going to sit tight and see what happens in the next couple weeks. If something like an SL Enduro is announced, I might cancel my Bullit order and ride the Heckler until I can get the Specialized rig.
Now I am back to the Bullit. Levo S-Works or Pro, ETA next fall or winter. Bullit this July. Never thought I'd say it but the top of the line Bullit is cheaper than even the new Turbo Levo Pro. Not sure about the Kenevo SL. If they go with smaller battery and motor then no interest for me. Honestly chassis wise the Bullit seems the perfect bike for me. I could get a Kenevo Expert in July but then I would end up mulleting it, so the Bullit seems the better choice. I probably wold have bought a Kenevo last fall/winter if one was available but of course there was nothing.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
Now I am back to the Bullit. Levo S-Works or Pro, ETA next fall or winter. Bullit this July. Never thought I'd say it but the top of the line Bullit is cheaper than even the new Turbo Levo Pro. Not sure about the Kenevo SL. If they go with smaller battery and motor then no interest for me. Honestly chassis wise the Bullit seems the perfect bike for me. I could get a Kenevo Expert in July but then I would end up mulleting it, so the Bullit seems the better choice. I probably wold have bought a Kenevo last fall/winter if one was available but of course there was nothing.

We think alike. I originally ordered a 2020 Kenevo, but then Covid happened and my local bike shop said they couldn't guarantee delivery. Instead, they offered me a great deal on a Heckler right after the bike was announced. I would probably still prefer a Kenevo Expert over the Bullit, but I'm told there is no way to get one this year (I'm in Central Coast of California and I've called everywhere within two states).

Curious what size Bullit you'll go with and how tall you are?

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I placed a deposit down on a Bullit as soon as the bike was announced, and today my local dealer found out from Santa Cruz that the bikes are sold out.

This is exactly what I anticipated before the official release. But luckily I was in good terms with my dealer and he showed me the confidential info in private and I made the commitment to buy at that point. He said that the bikes will probably be gone in 30 minutes when they appear in the dealer site, so he was logged in there with his finger hovering over the left mouse button ready to order. :) So got my X01 Reserve bike from the first shipment without any wait time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles