2021 Santa Cruz Bullit

Cuddles

Apr 22, 2020
North Vancouver
Wow, surprised you dealer already has some bikes!
yeah, so, the m size bullits were avail to me on Friday; not today; the Instincts i'd kinda committed to through conversation a couple of weeks ago from the dealer I had bought my Growler from pre-covid; that shop had ordered one of each size of the Instinct pre-covid and are landing early January (no altitudes though which was my conundrum - I guess Ill see how well I do with a 29er!); glad to be sticking with the Rocky, and the shop that has provided fantastic service to me with the Growler; as always, a little curious about the mullet; cult of SC; and both the lavender and copper paint are super dope. That said, the Growler and PP has been awesome so super stoked on the coming Instinct.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Received my Bullit (size XL) today, here a photo that my dealer posted to Facebook -> Larunpyora.com

Unfortunately despite DHX2 being mentioned in the order confirmation, it came with Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate. Anyhow, now just some work to do in frame protection, and swapping out seat and tires. Going for SDG Ti-Fly MTN from my old bike and 2021 Schwalbe Magic Marys in 2.6" (real size exactly 2.5" on 30mm rims) with Huck Norris inside rear tire to keep the carbon rim alive (have seen cracked Reserves in the past). The stock Maxxis combo is a bit too narrow and low volume for my liking.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Received my Bullit (size XL) today, here a photo that my dealer posted to Facebook -> Larunpyora.com

Unfortunately despite DHX2 being mentioned in the order confirmation, it came with Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate. Anyhow, now just some work to do in frame protection, and swapping out seat and tires. Going for SDG Ti-Fly MTN from my old bike and 2021 Schwalbe Magic Marys in 2.6" (real size exactly 2.5" on 30mm rims) with Huck Norris inside rear tire to keep the carbon rim alive (have seen cracked Reserves in the past). The stock Maxxis combo is a bit too narrow and low volume for my liking.

I still find it weird that Santa Crus ships the bike with a Fox fork and RockShox shock, pick a brand and stick with it for that model.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

I would demand Fox's shock as a post-delivery, if the specs say so

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I would demand Fox's shock as a post-delivery, if the specs say so

Good luck with demanding that, everything on Santa Cruz's website and all of the spec's for all of the different builds don't list a Fox DHX2 shock as an option. So they'll probably tell you to go kick rocks....lol

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Good luck with demanding that, everything on Santa Cruz's website and all of the spec's for all of the different builds don't list a Fox DHX2 shock as an option. So they'll probably tell you to go kick rocks....lol
True, I would rather kick rocks than buy a Cruz ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont really get the need to match brands, just get the best component for each part of the bike - I would probably run a RS Super Deluxe ultimate with a meg neg and a Fox 38 as an ideal spec on my bike for example. IIRC SC did a lot of work with RS when they developed the newer linkage/suspension design on their latest bikes, remember a lot of blurb to that effect when the mega tower was launched, no idea how much is marketing BS, but it may just be that they thing the rs is the best shock for the bike - its not like at the prices they are charging the components have been chosen with cost economy as a factor.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
IMG_20201209_204110.jpg

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Will give a proper review when I get the correct spring for my weight (the XL came with 550lb while 450/500lb will provide correct sag for me) and hopefully get some bike park time as well. But so far after a couple of rides I'm super impressed with the performance and overall package (motor, geometry, battery range, weight distribution, suspension, and mullet wheels). And for the first time with Santa Cruz, seat tube angle feels properly steep. Also, the EP8 clicking is very subtle when riding, so totally non issue for me.

Last edited:

BAJABUM85

Oct 17, 2020
Penryn, CA
is this frame capable of using a works components angleset headset? from my research I don't think this is going to be possible if you wanted to get a slacker HT angle

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
is this frame capable of using a works components angleset headset? from my research I don't think this is going to be possible if you wanted to get a slacker HT angle
It doesn't look like it can take an angleset, looks like it uses an integrated headset

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
If you want to get slacker, extend the fork from 170mm to 180mm (supported by Santa Cruz), and you should end up with 63.5 degree HTA. That's DH bike territory.

Last edited:

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Anyone knows a bikeshop within europe that has any size L, X01 left in stock. Been looking everywhere I can think of..... :/

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles