2019 Haibike frame cracked in half

Bigaaron

Jun 21, 2023
Pomona, CA
I have had this Haibike Xduro Nduro 6.0 since early 2020, it has been a decent bike till now, although I did have an issue with the Bosch motor in late 2021, they did replace it under warranty (some water got past the terribly designed grease covered felt seal). I have literally never crashed on this bike, there are zero dents or dings in the frame, I do ride it and enjoy it, but I don't abuse it. I was riding it about a month ago, I went off a jump and got about 2ft of air under the tires, landed on flat ground, and heard a "CRACK" sound. I thought maybe a stick or rock flipped up and hit the underside of the frame, so I continued riding, but before the next steep downhill, I figured I should take a look. Thank god I looked! The lower frame cracked almost all the way around, just above where the battery sits. Fly Rides submitted it to Haibike (now owned by Alta Cycling Group), and after about a week, they said they have no frames left for exchange, and they would give me a $2500 credit. At first I thought, ok $2500 check isn't so bad I guess, because of depreciation and such, but NO, its ONLY a credit towards a new bike purchased from Fly Rides, and that would be ALTA BUYING MY WHOLE BIKE BACK?!? I said, are you serious? I have upgraded just about every part on this bike, and I am not going to give you the whole bike back for $2500. If this bike wasn't broken in half I would list it for sale for at least $4000. A new version of ebike like this one is now like $7000-$9000! I am going to find another frame or something, I just wanted to tell you guys that if your Haibike frames cracks in half, they will low-ball you, and they want your whole bike back so they can sell you a new one at todays ridiculous new-bike prices. The original retail on this Haibike was $6999, and now 3 years into a 5 year frame warranty, they want the whole bike back for $2500? I have an extra $800 Bosch battery for it, FOX Factory X2 Kashima was $750, it has $800 AXS GX drivetrain, a $250 Fox dropper post, $200 in tires, $600 in Shimano Saint 220mm brakes, etc...

Resized_20230913_203046.jpeg Resized_20230913_203037.jpeg

Last edited:

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I have had this Haibike Xduro Nduro 6.0 since early 2020, it has been a decent bike till now, although I did have an issue with the Bosch motor in late 2021, they did replace it under warranty (some water got past the terribly designed grease covered felt seal). I have literally never crashed on this bike, there are zero dents or dings in the frame, I do ride it and enjoy it, but I don't abuse it. I was riding it about a month ago, I went off a jump and got about 2ft of air under the tires, landed on flat ground, and heard a "CRACK" sound. I thought maybe a stick or rock flipped up and hit the underside of the frame, so I continued riding, but before the next steep downhill, I figured I should take a look. Thank god I looked! The lower frame cracked almost all the way around, just above where the battery sits. Fly Rides submitted it to Haibike (now owned by Alta Cycling Group), and after about a week, they said they have no frames left for exchange, and they would give me a $2500 credit. At first I thought, ok $2500 check isn't so bad I guess, because of depreciation and such, but NO, its ONLY a credit towards a new bike purchased from Fly Rides, and that would be ALTA BUYING MY WHOLE BIKE BACK?!? I said, are you serious? I have upgraded just about every part on this bike, and I am not going to give you the whole bike back for $2500. If this bike wasn't broken in half I would list it for sale for at least $4000. A new version of ebike like this one is now like $7000-$9000! I am going to find another frame or something, I just wanted to tell you guys that if your Haibike frames cracks in half, they will low-ball you, and they want your whole bike back so they can sell you a new one at todays ridiculous new-bike prices. The original retail on this Haibike was $6999, and now 3 years into a 5 year frame warranty, they want the whole bike back for $2500? I have an extra $800 Bosch battery for it, FOX Factory X2 Kashima was $750, it has $800 AXS GX drivetrain, a $250 Fox dropper post, $200 in tires, $600 in Shimano Saint 220mm brakes, etc...

View attachment 126950 View attachment 126951
I'd sell them the whole bike back, but just the stripped frame. What are they going to do with all the second-hand parts?
With a lot of other brands, if they don't have the frame in stock the usually upgrade you to the latest bike. That's what I've seen with a few mates with Giant bikes.
What does the warranty state?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
They should get you a new frame be it the same or an upgrade.

I wouldn't agree with that either. They could easily get you a new frame and transfer all the parts over

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Contact Haibike directly and check the actual warrantee and know what the facts are first. If you are being messed with, then stand outside of the place you bought the bike from on a busy day with a BIG sign that says "This Bike Shop sold me a defective frame and won't replace it" I am quite sure they won't appreciate their loss in business as you tell your story to anyone who goes into the shop.

timcking

Oct 11, 2021
arider

View attachment 126950 View attachment 126951
Can you transfer everything you have to a new frame? $2,500 would go a long way to offset that.

Moshe

Feb 12, 2020
North Ridgeville, ohio,usa
A couple of years ago I cracked the frame in half on my 2020 Haibike. They bought the bike back but I also had high end parts on it. I royal the high end parts off and replaced them with the stock parts before sending them the bike. Did you save the stock parts? If not maybe you can find some cheap old parts. Did you ask Fly Rides to help you deal with the distributor? They might have more sway than you do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles