100 mile range from a Turbo Levo with 500w battery! Normal bike SIM settings.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Lockdown does strange things to people! Having had enough of Zwifting indoors and my 2019 Levo being the only bike ready to ride and with no actual trails within riding distance. I was thinking what Mission Control settings would make the 21kg ebike feel like a normal Mountain bike on the roads. I crunched some numbers and decided that about 50 watts of assistance should cover the motor drag and the 7kg ish of extra weight. Focusing on restricting the max power available to approx. 50warts and making the assistance permanent I settled on the settings below. On a test ride the bike felt like a normal trail bike and I covered just shy of 22 miles and used 20% of the battery hence a range in this setting of over 100 miles. The average motor power was just over the 50w target with a PP of only 59w. The settings are the same across all modes to prevent cheating! And going uphill should make no difference to range as the rider will always need to produce the extra power as the motor is restricted. Upping the PP limit to say 20% would compensate for another 7-8kgs and make the Levo feel like an Light XC bike (Effort wise) and reduce the range to a respectable 50 miles.

8CD383BC-4A53-4698-A773-82D1D953013C.png

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Lockdown does strange things to people! Having had enough of Zwifting indoors and my 2019 Levo being the only bike ready to ride and with no actual trails within riding distance. I was thinking what Mission Control settings would make the 21kg ebike feel like a normal Mountain bike on the roads. I crunched some numbers and decided that about 50 watts of assistance should cover the motor drag and the 7kg ish of extra weight. Focusing on restricting the max power available to approx. 50warts and making the assistance permanent I settled on the settings below. On a test ride the bike felt like a normal trail bike and I covered just shy of 22 miles and used 20% of the battery hence a range in this setting of over 100 miles. The average motor power was just over the 50w target with a PP of only 59w. The settings are the same across all modes to prevent cheating! And going uphill should make no difference to range as the rider will always need to produce the extra power as the motor is restricted. Upping the PP limit to say 20% would compensate for another 7-8kgs and make the Levo feel like an Light XC bike (Effort wise) and reduce the range to a respectable 50 miles.

View attachment 29450

nice work.. I tried similar settings here but some of the hills cant be done without more power which is a pain because then I have to create another setting with more and once im using that, I dont stop :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles