My Rail, Resting on Stuff

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I have the Deluxe RT3 on mine and I also like the shock. Works really well for playful rides over jumps and drops. The rattle/noise people keep mentioning is nothing I have noticed.

minizoom

Feb 11, 2020
Yorba Linda, California
Santiago Oaks near Anaheim Hills, CA.
20200326_144509.jpg
20200326_134710.jpg

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi @Bomble , looks amazing!
Did you go for the gloss finish Invisframe? There is Gloss, Gloss/Matte kit and Matte choices.

Yes I went for the full gloss. It does stand out a little on the matt parts, if you zoom in on the photo you can see what I mean around the seat post.
I had a Matt levo and put Matt invisi on it, I wasn’t keen and it seemed to show marks up more too.
Apparently you can t-cut the gloss stuff to keep it shiny too if you want.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I liked the shock ,before I put on a super deluxe with meg neg. now I realize it’s shortcomings. Not only more plush , but loads more support. Less pedal strikes and skid plate whacks. Pedals better. Huge upgrade

Reactions: MsO

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
I liked the shock ,before I put on a super deluxe with meg neg. now I realize it’s shortcomings. Not only more plush , but loads more support. Less pedal strikes and skid plate whacks. Pedals better. Huge upgrade
Pardon in advance if I missed the answer, but is the Super Deluxe fit the M frame without touching the downtube?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No, it won't fit. The Trek specific shock from the higher spec Rails have a smaller can, or the Ohlins shocks with the figure 8 reservoir will fit. According to TF Tuned.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Absolutely. 4 bands included. You will need 20% more pressure to get sag the same. That’s what stops bottoming. The more bands you add, the less progressive it becomes. I ended with all 4 in order to use all of my travel. If you take them all out you will never bottom it. Still very supple on top. Mid support is awesome. Bottom resistance is awesome. What more can you ask ?

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Absolutely. 4 bands included. You will need 20% more pressure to get sag the same. That’s what stops bottoming. The more bands you add, the less progressive it becomes. I ended with all 4 in order to use all of my travel. If you take them all out you will never bottom it. Still very supple on top. Mid support is awesome. Bottom resistance is awesome. What more can you ask ?

Amazing mate, sound like what I need. Would be a pain if you forward me a link on the one you used? I hate to order the wrong one :unsure:(y)

Reactions: MsO

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
This one. They have 3 sizes. The other two are sold out everywhere but the trek is an odd size. Should still be able to find

2EF36F31-7C8E-4681-9C9A-E9F8A95F665E.png

jeroen

Jul 8, 2020
Switzerland
Love this thread.... and as I today picked up this babe.... famous from :)

Here is my addition from this Rail 9 (2021) first ride.... 885m to 1357m over 22km, great intro to this one; did a testride the day before from 762m to 1348 which was excellent, thus just had to get it ;)

Resting on....... a bale of hay:
IMG_0963.jpg

A crikey bridge:
IMG_0964.jpg

A wooden bridge:
IMG_0968.jpg

Fence while going up hill: (oh and yes, restarting a bike going uphill, that is updated to have 85Nm works great; then again that worked even better on the Haibike Flyon Allmtn 8.0, that one just ran out of juice too quickly); this section of the path was the easy bit:
IMG_0972.jpg

Another Cow-fence:
IMG_0976.jpg

A bench a wee bit further up:
IMG_0986.jpg

Together with the sheep, horses and donkey (off screen to the right):
IMG_0987.jpg

and of course on a watererthrough, drinkable water straight from the mountain, which is a good thing, as unless one brings a camelpak, no waterbottle fits in the triangle (the bontrager holder does, but you won't get any useful bottle in ;) ...
IMG_0996.jpg

That was a nice 22km intro ride to get it back home, further was downhill at ~46kmh average, yes, the breaks work fine.

The Zeb functions marvellously, but will have to throw some more off track against it to test that properly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles