You can ring my bell!

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Anything better than the Timber?

I need it for climbing... Must be automatic and have on/off.

I ride up trails that Amish MTB riders don't expect anyone to climb as they come barreling down trying to beat their Strava KOM. Near head-on a few times.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Anything better than the Timber?

No, sir. Timber is the best. It's bloody loud... except when you turn it off, in which case it's silent. And you don't have to be smashing it down a rock garden for it to work. It rings even at slow climbing speeds.

The only down side is that I got the small clamp, and I like my bell close to the stem, so I had to use a longer screw. Check the size you're buying.

The other downside is that Timbers are so good that all your buddies will get one, and they all play the same tone. You'll no longer be able to tell when someone's on your @śś by the sound of their bell.

I don't really like listening to a bell, but I use it religiously when the trail is tight and fast, whether I'm going uphill or down. Not only does it add a level of safety, but it provides peace of mind.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
No, sir. Timber is the best. It's bloody loud... except when you turn it off, in which case it's silent. And you don't have to be smashing it down a rock garden for it to work. It rings even at slow climbing speeds.

The only down side is that I got the small clamp, and I like my bell close to the stem, so I had to use a longer screw. Check the size you're buying.

The other downside is that Timbers are so good that all your buddies will get one, and they all play the same tone. You'll no longer be able to tell when someone's on your @śś by the sound of their bell.

I don't really like listening to a bell, but I use it religiously when the trail is tight and fast, whether I'm going uphill or down. Not only does it add a level of safety, but it provides peace of mind.
Thanks, great reply.

Done, I'm asking Santa for one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles