Vitus mythique el cheapo

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
So bikes arrived and for the money i am well pleased but of course problems
first bluetooth, i can see the bike on my phone but it wont pair should i be pressing something on the bike display which is a dpc 245cf80321.0 pd051405 there is no bluetooth menu on the display
fault codes i have
05 throttle well no throttle attached so ignore right
21 speed sensor error
36 keypad detection circuit error

i have walk mode working but no response from turning the pedals
any advice please

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Pairing, just install "Go" and run that up. Then connect to bike (with bluetooth turned on).

I think the throttle error is generally a cable fault. If you want a throttle or lights you replace/add in the 13T cable off the motor which connects to the display. If it's giving a throttle error then it's possible the cable is damaged somewhere so it thinks there is a throttle installed and gives an error. It could also be a fault on the control board doing the same thing.

This connection is also prone to water ingress/corrosion (it's in the tech docs thread I linked you to earlier).

There's a chance your keypad or the cable is also damaged - have you tried removing it and jump starting the bike (tech docs thread).

Think you need a new display and controller to start with. Then possible a new speed sensor cable and Y cable for the controller from the motor.

BUT - with several errors like that, rather than it being several cable issues it does start pointing more towards a faulty controller board - you should be able to order an M510 FC2.0 controller board.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Pairing, just install "Go" and run that up. Then connect to bike (with bluetooth turned on).

I think the throttle error is generally a cable fault. If you want a throttle or lights you replace/add in the 13T cable off the motor which connects to the display. If it's giving a throttle error then it's possible the cable is damaged somewhere so it thinks there is a throttle installed and gives an error. It could also be a fault on the control board doing the same thing.

This connection is also prone to water ingress/corrosion (it's in the tech docs thread I linked you to earlier).

There's a chance your keypad or the cable is also damaged - have you tried removing it and jump starting the bike (tech docs thread).

Think you need a new display and controller to start with. Then possible a new speed sensor cable and Y cable for the controller from the motor.

BUT - with several errors like that, rather than it being several cable issues it does start pointing more towards a faulty controller board - you should be able to order an M510 FC2.0 controller board.
I will fit a new speed sensor only code 21 is current the others are historic
the display seems to work fine i can select all modes but only walk work
there is no bluetooth symbol on the display
all motor connectors are clean and dry and cables look undamaged

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The bluetooth symbol appears when you connect with "Go" - there are no bluetooth config options within the display itself and no need to pair.

Weird that only walk mode works.

If you connect with "Go". You can see the reading from the torque sensor. By default it reads about 750 with no loading. Applying pressure increases this. If it's not then the torque sensor is knackered.

If it is working then it's either a faulty controller board or someone connected a 245V3 and GO+ and had the same problem I had where it randomly sets everything to Zero so only walk mode works :)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
The bluetooth symbol appears when you connect with "Go" - there are no bluetooth config options within the display itself and no need to pair.

Weird that only walk mode works.

If you connect with "Go". You can see the reading from the torque sensor. By default it reads about 750 with no loading. Applying pressure increases this. If it's not then the torque sensor is knackered.

If it is working then it's either a faulty controller board or someone connected a 245V3 and GO+ and had the same problem I had where it randomly sets everything to Zero so only walk mode works :)
Problem is it wont connect to Bluetooth i open go on my phone and nothing happen the Bluetooth symbol in go stays grey and no symbol appears on the display

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I am going to replace the display and all the wiring anyway, the stuff is so cheap on wiggle as they try to get rid of stock

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Check the display and make sure it doesn't have a tiny v3 printed after 245.

If it does, it will only connect to go plus (which doesn't show the torque sensor value)

Maybe they swapped all the good bits off your bike and put faulty bits back due to shortage of spares at the start.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Check the display and make sure it doesn't have a tiny v3 printed after 245.

If it does, it will only connect to go plus (which doesn't show the torque sensor value)

Maybe they swapped all the good bits off your bike and put faulty bits back due to shortage of spares at the start.
So fitted new speed sensor no change. Got new display and wiring coming tomorrow if that doesn't fix it new motor controller is next

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
So now i can connect to my bike with go+ it appears my display is ver 3 go+ can read all software, hardware and firmware versions of motor battery and display but motor still wont run. Last thing to try is new motor controller,
before i buy one of those can anybody spot something im missing?
only error i get is 21 even though i have fitted new speed sensor and magnet????

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You could try posting in the m510 thread and see if anyone has experienced similar. Most of them don't stray far from the DIY threads 😁

Strange it has the v3, they were really hard to get hold of. Shame that go+ doesn't let you see the torque sensor reading.

You could check in configure my ride (something like that) and make sure the power settings aren't all set to zero.

The default settings are in the tech docs thread.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
You could try posting in the m510 thread and see if anyone has experienced similar. Most of them don't stray far from the DIY threads 😁

Strange it has the v3, they were really hard to get hold of. Shame that go+ doesn't let you see the torque sensor reading.

You could check in configure my ride (something like that) and make sure the power settings aren't all set to zero.

The default settings are in the tech docs thread.
So now i think i owe you more than one beer tried your suggestion and that part of the app would open it just said operation failed. fortunately about half hour ago my new display turned up so i fitted it, this time the app would open the settings section. They were ok but i tweaked them a little and now
THE BIKE WORKS!! YAY

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles