Transition Relay Owners how's the bike?

Naerz

Feb 11, 2023
France
Any updates about your Transition Relay ??
This is the ideal bike for real with takeout battery
I will be on the market for this kind of bike, Mondraker Dune vs Tr Relay... Damnnn big matchup
I will potentially have the chance to test ride Dune but the relay, there is no way

pshanks76

Jan 28, 2024
GB
Loving the bike so far. The 38s need a bit of fettling to get them tuned just right but I find that's always the case with Fox factory kit.

First time with TRP brakes and they've been great, lots of power and easy to modulate. I am looking at a 50mm stem rather than the 40mm just to give a little more reach.

Super stable in the air and a great balance between planted charging and still being easy to throw around.

Also picked up a brand new air shock cheap and have some lightweight 29 wheels from my HT so can easily convert it to a lighter 29er build for XC/trail rides.

The battery lasts surprisingly well, especially compared to our Forestal Cyon.

Kitesurfa

Apr 24, 2024
Hawaii
I have about 300 miles on my GX Relay so far and am amazed at what a great bike it is. Been riding for 25 years and it is my first e-bike and also first 29er. I'm old and slow, but now I'm still old but not so slow anymore, haha!

One thing I'm curious about is for those that have converted to the mullet version, do you encounter a lot more pedal strikes versus the full 29er, and/or how does the two setups compare? I'm very interested to try it as a mullet, as the 29er, while being undeniably faster and more stable tends to feel a bit big and unwieldy to me at times on tight and twisty trails (I'm 5'7" and 165 lbs) and I kind of miss the nimble and playfulness of my previous 27.5" bikes. I'm thinking the mullet might make the bike pretty much perfect (for me) but appreciate any insight from folks who have made the switch.

Tmae

Nov 5, 2023
Ger
I bought it as 29 and converted by myself to PNW / mullet.
The small rear wheel i just put recently, i noticed it made it a bit easier to pull the end around and also essier to lose tracktion on the rear which makes it more fun. But it‘s not a night and day difference. BB height is same thanks to the flip chip, so no more pedal strikes.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Loving the bike so far. The 38s need a bit of fettling to get them tuned just right but I find that's always the case with Fox factory kit.

First time with TRP brakes and they've been great, lots of power and easy to modulate. I am looking at a 50mm stem rather than the 40mm just to give a little more reach.

Super stable in the air and a great balance between planted charging and still being easy to throw around.

Also picked up a brand new air shock cheap and have some lightweight 29 wheels from my HT so can easily convert it to a lighter 29er build for XC/trail rides.

The battery lasts surprisingly well, especially compared to our Forestal Cyon.
Really happy with the bike after nearly a year it's probably more bike than my riding justifies but gives me confidence. I have XO PNW.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles