The Current State of eMTB Trail Access in the USA

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Agree we all need to come together to get any actual work done. I think we need the shops and manufacturers to lead the charge - they will then likely get the various trail steward groups to also push. The one thing that really is holding us back is the in-fighting within the MTB community itself.
The infight is real. Over on MTBR, the E-bike forum section gets over run with folks yelling "but it has a motor, so it is a motor bike!"...

Kevjob51

May 22, 2022
Colorado
The infight is real. Over on MTBR, the E-bike forum section gets over run with folks yelling "but it has a motor, so it is a motor bike!"...
LOL. yup the "purists" on mbtr are why I ended up here when looking for ebike. It is sad and funny watching grown adults acting like toddlers when they haven't ridden an ebike but know all about what they are or aren't. Anytime anyone makes stupid comment like your are cheating or you are lazy (always online never in person) I just laugh and ask if they have ridden one, 99% have not. Oh okay...

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
LOL. yup the "purists" on mbtr are why I ended up here when looking for ebike. It is sad and funny watching grown adults acting like toddlers when they haven't ridden an ebike but know all about what they are or aren't. Anytime anyone makes stupid comment like your are cheating or you are lazy (always online never in person) I just laugh and ask if they have ridden one, 99% have not. Oh okay...
Exactly. My eMTB lets me ride farther, get up grades I would walk, and keep my heartrate in check when I can stay on the bike. It is making riding fun again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles