Teaser for Shimano to Bafang M600 conversion 🤫

futurestan

Apr 19, 2023
oregon
I have a '21 SC Bullit, with an EP8 that is no longer functional (E010 error). Seems like shimano has a massive quality problem, as I'm far from the only one with a drive unit failure due to a faulty torque sensor. Anyway, the motor died and Shimano can't replace it until November which is ridiculous. Searching for other solutions and I came across this thread. I can't send Private Messages yet (too new to the forum). But I'm very interested in your kit.

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
@futurestan I sent you a message. Your frame is lit! 😦 Added to my list of considerable eMTB frames with Shimano motors. 😉 Should be possible! The wide open intube-battery and big frame-triangle are excellent if you wanna put some extra cells in. However it's carbon and my kit requires you to cut away a small part, like here:

1681996803310.png

Last edited:

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
By now I only 3D-printed the connecting parts (that hold Skidplate and Cover) and want to move on to something like "Resin Casting" before making this publicly for sale. However I'm open about inquiries from people that are willing to thinker and use 3D-printed parts. They work as well, as casted ones. It's just a cosmetic thing. 😉

Last edited:

futurestan

Apr 19, 2023
oregon
By now I only 3D-printed the connecting parts (that hold Skidplate and Cover) and want to move on to something like "Resin Casting" before making this publicly for sale. However I'm open about inquiries from people that are willing to thinker and use 3D-printed parts. They work as well, as casted ones. It's just a cosmetic thing. 😉
I'm down to tinker! And I'd love to fit some extra cells.

robcestaro

Apr 20, 2023
Sydney
Hi, are you shipping soon? Could you please send me an estimate of the price, with shipping to Sydney Australia.
Thanks

mancete

Aug 18, 2023
Spain
Hí All

l´m working in a similar proyect, to adapt a shimano e8000 frame ( mondraker crusher) to a Bosch gen 4 motor.

I have jet resolve the battery and cables; but i need a more accurate 3d models of the engine.

Someone could sent me it ??

Best regard.

Edmu

Jun 29, 2021
Puerto Rico
Working on it. Not yet, but yes my intention is to make the existing batteries work with Bafang. However you won't reach as much range and power as you'd with a custom build pack.
Still working on it?
Well there be matching internal batteries for Orbea Rise frames?

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
Still working on it? Well there be matching internal batteries for Orbea Rise frames?
You can contribute if you want. Send some pictures of the battery. Labels, Ports, Topview. If we are able to find the Chinese supplier, we could build a pack off an empty case. In many cases the manufacturer is Darfon.

NuckaMan

Feb 4, 2023
Southern CA
I am a Orbea Rise owner. While the EP8 motor currently still works and has been great thus far, I am glad you are offering a service like this. While this is my 1st ebike, but based my local friends experiences, who went electric before me, Shimano motor reliability has been terrible and would hate to throw away a perfectly good bike in the event my motor eventually expires. Hope to see you project evolve even further.

PeGaZ

Oct 18, 2023
Poland
Amazing idea - it would be great if there would be an alternative solution to get rid of Shimano known for its complete lack of serviceability and software errors (E010). I’d feel so much safer owning a bike and knowing that I can repair it rather then replacing the whole drive unit due to stupid sprocket or sensor! If motor goes bad than the whole expensive bike becomes useless too… I can understand that the rest of accessories would need replacing to Bafang but if we’d be able to preserve original Shimano battery that would be a Holly Grail!

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
if we’d be able to preserve original Shimano battery that would be a Holly Grail!
That's what I'd really would want to do one day. Can't look into that currently, since I'm occupied finishing other projects.. Yamaha is also on my bucket-list of frames that I'd like to offer kits for..

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
anything like that in the pipeline?
I have no CAD-Model of E5000 and can't verify compatibility. If you can confirm, that E6100/E7000/E8000/EP8-motors fit into E5000-frames, I can sell you a kit and we give it a try. Mostlikely my designed covers won't fit rightaway, but we can give it a try! 😉 I sent you a message, in case you want to discuss it.

virusvrskentman

Jan 24, 2024
Kent
Hey I'm in UK and need to buy one of these adapters , money waiting to go , Shimano ep8 Vitus bike looking to stick m600 or 510 in please , newbie so can't pm yet feel free to email many many thanks and fingers crossed U have some plates for sale !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mart-e

Dec 13, 2020
Australia
As an owner of 2020 Norco VLT’s both shimano steps e 8000…. I’ve enquired about upgrading with the ep8 s…. or latest and the informations returned to say….

Due to 2020 Norco’s frame moulding design holds limited cavity space….. the ep8s ports wiring the connecter plugs in horizontally…. whereas with the now steps 8000 the plug ports cables connect in vertically….

It would be great to upgrade with the bangfang as the bikes frames themselves hold true….
any advice here will be forwarded thinking!

thank you….

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles