image.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Good wee shocks. (y)
Guessin you've tested/measured clearance for the piggy back at full compression?
Looks close (maybe just the angle of the pic)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Being that close it may still hit the inside of your downtube ona heavy hit or if debris get's between it and the frame. but being Aluminium it'll probably take a little ding fine.

I'd probably stick a strip of Mastik on the frame where it gets close to making contact and you'll see if it's damaged after a few rides with big hits/landings.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Just took it for a test drive this morning. Definitely better. Way more support, and just as plush if not more. Usually at the end of my ride the sag o ring is pushed off the end of the shaft, this time I still had 20% left

liv2ryd

Feb 15, 2019
Sutton, MA
I did the same thing but with unfortunate results. The air can will hit on the downtube after a hard bottom out. Its just a slight hit but it will dent the downtube.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I did the same thing but with unfortunate results. The air can will hit on the downtube after a hard bottom out. Its just a slight hit but it will dent the downtube.
What size frame? Several hard bottoms and no contact here. Xl frame

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Had my 16 year old son do several jumps to flat. Hard hits and all is well Stroke bottoms with sag ring right on 57.5 line.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the stock shock a deluxe? If so may be worth trying a Meg Neg can upgrade. I did this on my Super Deluxe and made a big Feiffer next to the support I was getting in the mid stroke, it’s a cheap upgrade to try before changing the whole shock

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Instead of bouncing on the bike or doing huge jumps, why not just let the air out and compress the bike? :unsure:

You must have had no air in when you fitted the new shock, perfect opportunity.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I have yet to bottom it but my 170 pound son rides like a pro. He can bottom it on a bunny hop. He gets about 4 ft high hopping it

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Dentist-spec Rails seem to have a much smaller reservoir, can someone take the time between fillings to measure it please?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles