Super Deluxe Ultimate Rct

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Evening guys. Looking to replace my rear shock on my Rail 7. Friend said he has a spare
Super Deluxe Ultimate Rct in size 230 x 60 that I can have @ mates rates.
My bike is medium but I have plans to fit a megneg kit to the shock to stop hitting the frame.
Thing is, I'm not sure what the mounting holes should be on the replacement shock to fit the Rail.
The one my friend has the top and bottom mounts look like on the one one the picture.
I removed my Deluxe RL of my Trek earlier to check the mounting holes and after I pressed out the hollow pins it looks similar to the picture but not brass. Mine looks like maybe alloy? ( I forgot to take picture! ) The o/d on the pin is 12.7mm and the i/d is 10mm.
I know @Orangie might be able to help as he already changed the shock on his for the
Super Deluxe Ultimate View attachment 28273

Last edited:

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
You better check and make sure your not gonna hit. . The mounting holes look correct. As long as the sleeve is tight. It pivots out at the bearings. Install with no air and bottom it to check clearance

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's the reservoir that hits the frame, a MegNeg won't change that, especially if you are adding more stroke.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles