Bosch cx

blache

Dec 15, 2023
canada
2000k on trek powerfly 2020 dead motor, no warranty valid after 2 years…. Bosch does not repair the motor, has to be sent to recycling! Great environmental attitude. Canadian service!

blache

Dec 15, 2023
canada
Is it definitely that the motor is stuffed or could it the electronic control?
The dealer using the Bosch computer app described it as motor problem. That dealer told me the Bosch policy is : do not attempt to repair, replace it. It was electronic issue. He tried to get something out of the rep but nothing was given. Since no credit or repair was offered I open the motor to see if there was any water infiltration but everything was good. Bad electronic it seems.
Lost confidence in Bosch. I also had a portable drill that lasted only 2 years, and it was barely used….

Marvin2Shoes

Dec 12, 2023
Townsville, Australia
Great environmental attitude. Canadian service!
I also had a portable drill that lasted only 2 years, and it was barely used….
I'm hearing you... I bought a (green) Bosch hammer drill in 1991/2 and only replaced brushes & bearings once. Bought a replacement in 2011 before I refurbished the original and it lasted just out of warranty. The old one is still going.
A few people on here are interested in getting access to motors & controllers. You may be able to get it going again. If you're interested have a word with Megabobra.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles