Battery charge plug issue

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
Hello,

FYI
I had a charge issue with my Tazer Alloy, the light was flashing on the charger, turned out to be water in the charge port.
It faces up so water can get sit in the charge port, I used air to blow out the water but blew across the port not in it try and not force air in the charge port.
This is the first time this is happened to me but I thought it would be worth bringing up.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I went out on a wet day without the rubber cover in place! After a good ten miles or so I noticed that the port had free water in it. I always carry paper towels in my pocket (snot, bandages, toilet, wipes.....). I poked them in to soak up the free water, then another one to wipe it as dry as I could get it. I refitted the rubber cover and ......had no problems! :giggle:

Last edited:

Oldfella

Feb 1, 2023
new zealand
My charger on my Giant Trance with the Yamaha motor stopped working so I took it in for a warranty claim. First thing I was asked is have you been charging it from a campervan. Apparantly it is a problem only with Giant chargers and they won't cover it under warranty but the shop pulled some strings.
Sounds like a power surge problem, has anyone found a solution?

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
My charger on my Giant Trance with the Yamaha motor stopped working so I took it in for a warranty claim. First thing I was asked is have you been charging it from a campervan. Apparantly it is a problem only with Giant chargers and they won't cover it under warranty but the shop pulled some strings.
Sounds like a power surge problem, has anyone found a solution?
Is this with an inverter? I made sure our inverter is pure sine wave.
We have 400w’s of solar panels, 2000w inverter/charger and a 12v 200ah Lithium battery.
Does Giant specify what power source to use to charge?
We are in Canada and use 120vac for everything but most chargers say it will use 120/240vac

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Is this with an inverter? I made sure our inverter is pure sine wave.
We have 400w’s of solar panels, 2000w inverter/charger and a 12v 200ah Lithium battery.
Does Giant specify what power source to use to charge?
We are in Canada and use 120vac for everything but most chargers say it will use 120/240vac
actually most chargers say 100-250 v. if you can believe that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles