AXS has a wobble

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I’ve bought a second hand axs dropper. Seller tells me it’s only done 10 hours and to be fair the condition of it is absolutely mint. But it’s got some sideways play in it, more I think than the cube one I took off.

Is this normal for the Axs? Was thinking of buying a service kit but if the post is really only 10 hours old, will that improve anything?

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Mine has a wobble since new and a small amount of up and down movement even when the reset procedure is completed. I had it serviced—to fix an issue after about a month of having it—and it still has those. I assume that’s normal. I’ve had a lot of different dropper posts and they’ve all had a small amount of movement of some kind. Luckily, my ass has a large amount of wobble as well.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
in my experience most droppers have a little sideways play. I think the reason may be that the key way that holds the post/seat straight cannot be a tight fit with no play since it would deliver too much friction. Obviously the key can wear over time and that sideways play will then increase somewhat. So I think it is a matter of degree.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Mine had this wobble from new, then within weeks developed the up and down bounce. Tried the vent process and now it won't fully extend, it's lost 40mm of travel. Apparently the ifp has moved and needs a rebuild.
Sment it back and brought a new one, this new one has no movement at all, not left right forward or backwards up or down. Very solid.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I’ve not ridden the bike with it yet as waiting for a new battery cover. Hopefully there’s no other play in it. Feels nice and solid. The side to side play is no bother really. Was just expecting more from such an expensive product I guess.

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Quick question: If I do the reset procedure and the seat post doesn’t compress at all (with the tool), just this mean there’s no air to purge?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles