A way to reprogramme modes - removing "Auto"?

BlueShadow

Nov 26, 2023
Hastings
New to the Forum. Hi all. I've been riding an R&M Bosch Smart System bike now for several weeks, with a Rohloff drive-train and electronic switching. Modes are "Off", "Eco", "Auto", "Sport" and "Turbo"). I realise that, although many seem to like Auto Mode, it's not something I will ever use. Does anyone know if it's possible to reprogramme that "slot" to another ordinary-type mode, maybe somewhere in between Eco and Sport? Thanks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A dealer should be able to select the different modes which are available. Like "Tour" - slightly more power than Eco. Or "Tour+" - adaptive like Sport with similar top end assistance if you push hard, but starting with a much softer assistance.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
My CX motor doesn’t have auto mode but the diagnostic report did show there are other modes available that can be activated/deactivated

IMG_1516.jpeg

BlueShadow

Nov 26, 2023
Hastings
OK - so what you say gives me hope. Thanks.
I am completely new to eBike tech although, coming from a computer background, I'm not afraid to learn.
From your post, I can deduce that I may have misunderstood which component I need to tinker with, in order to change the modes. I presumed that it was the LED Remote, but from what you say, it seems that it may be the motor itself - so that's useful to know. Thanks.
I don't know how to do a diagnostic report, but I'll Google it to see what's suggested. As far as I know, there is a "diagnostics" USB port on the LED Remote, so I'm guessing that I need some software on the host PC + USB cable to have a look at that.
If other modes are there, but show up as "inactive", is activating them something the user can do, or is it best to take it into a bike shop and get them to do it, I wonder?

BlueShadow

Nov 26, 2023
Hastings
OK - thanks Zimmerframe and TommyC - I'll get back in touch with the dealer here, and see whether they might be able to help. I have a gammy leg so I'm loving the eBike. It's just that it's a bit disconcerting having this jerky and unpredictable mode, Auto, that sits between Eco and Sport IMHO. I'd rather it wasn't there. I know what it's for and appreciate that it's useful for many, but the lay of the land around the coastal town, in which I live, means that I'm constantly stopping, starting, and going up and down steep hills, and Auto mode seems to be more for someone who has a less varied riding environment. Thanks y'all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles