Auto ride start

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I don't know if I'm missing something but...

On my old non-smart kiox, you had to choose to start a ride, or upload a route to navigation which would then start a ride.
On my new kiox 300, as soon as you power the bike on it starts a ride, and the only option is to reset.

This bugs the hell out of me because I have fitted the bosch alarm, which means when I'm cleaning the bike I turn it on to unlock it otherwise the alarm goes off. It then syncs a 15 minute ride to apple health and strava with me basically just pushing the bike up and down my driveway.

It seems bonkers that there isn't a way to turn off auto-ride-start and do it manually, but I've read the manual and can't see anything?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I haven't experienced your problem exactly, as I don't use the alarm feature. But I've been working on the bike in the past, went out in the street to test shifting, and had it uploaded to Strava. It really irritated me until I figured out what was going on. My solution was to make sure I don't hav Flow running on the phone when I'm test-riding the bike. I think your only solution is to not use the alarm feature.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Yeah that seems to be the case - which is utterly shit because you have to use flow to unlock the bike, or even to disable the alarm. And disabling the alarm reboots the entire bike.

Not very impressed with it to be honest, very poorly thought out.

My current solution is I've disabled rides syncing with anything and use my apple watch.
The rides on flow don't log heart rate, despite showing it on the screen throughout the ride.
And the navigation is IMO useless, as soon as I go slightly off trail it never recovers and just spends 30 miles telling me to go back to where I went off trail.

I love being able to do my own updates, the screens are nice, but other than that it feels like a huge back step from the old kiox.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles