2023 Giant Reign E+ flashing L2 led

martin_m_bo

May 3, 2023
Germany
i think the problem is the giant software....like someone said before. giant thinks they coud do better then yamaha and from the start this giant software sucks. if i coud and if it is possible i woud go for yamaha software but i dont think it is possible. if someone knows how let me know

Last edited:

dimitrin

May 7, 2023
Central Texas
So after 4 months going back and forth with giant, they tell me the motor has no problem, determine that I ride in the smallest cog on the highest power assistance, pedal too slowly... Utter BS and it is my fault, then i am told the bikes have humidity problems and i shouldn't ride in the rain and should dry my connectors mid ride...
I then ask should you spend 6K on a bike then put bathroom sealant everywhere to protect it from water??? especially i bought an offroad bike. I had to tell them Ive been dirt biking for years even on E dirt bikes river crossing and i've never heard such rubbish
They literally have no solution and are pushing it back on the customer. Weird thing is i cycle up hill it cuts and goes red.
I stop to chat with a mate it goes red. I ride dh trails it goes red. I ride in dry weather or wet weather it goes red.

They will lend me a battery to see if my battery may be the problem...

So I'm not sure they have a solution, at least not in my store. and may have spent too much on replacing motors and are cutting costs.

PS yes I've cleaned connectors tried the die electric grease, but it doesn't change the fact that it cuts out even in dry weather.

bad luck with giant customer service...
How old is the bike? Is it still under warranty?
If the motor is bad and it's under warranty it needs to be replaced by giant.
If it's due to you riding in the smallest gear uphill with maximum power it still should be replaced under warranty and they should advise you to change your habits with the new motor.
Either way it still should be replaced under warranty.
What country / state do you reside?

baldiebenty

Jun 30, 2020
Gloucester
I gotta say, I was in the market for a new bike and came real close to pulling the trigger on a reign e. After reading through this thread I've changed my mind. Looks like the Giant warranty response is a real lottery.

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
How old is the bike? Is it still under warranty?
If the motor is bad and it's under warranty it needs to be replaced by giant.
If it's due to you riding in the smallest gear uphill with maximum power it still should be replaced under warranty and they should advise you to change your habits with the new motor.
Either way it still should be replaced under warranty.
What country / state do you reside?
The bike has 1500 km and has 6 months warranty left ( so it is just under 2 years old.
Good question I am dealing with Giant in France.

The bike is used to climb up roads and alpine tracks and ride town enduro tracks.
I agree it should be replaced but they are just rejecting it so i'm most likely going to take it to a consumer association and lawyer. As the bike is now unusable more than 40 to 60mins. In the past i could ride 50 km 2000 m vert, no issues. and to get that range you have to spin and keep a good cadence up use small gears and low assistance.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
So after 4 months going back and forth with giant, they tell me the motor has no problem, determine that I ride in the smallest cog on the highest power assistance, pedal too slowly... Utter BS and it is my fault, then i am told the bikes have humidity problems and i shouldn't ride in the rain and should dry my connectors mid ride...
I then ask should you spend 6K on a bike then put bathroom sealant everywhere to protect it from water??? especially i bought an offroad bike. I had to tell them Ive been dirt biking for years even on E dirt bikes river crossing and i've never heard such rubbish
They literally have no solution and are pushing it back on the customer. Weird thing is i cycle up hill it cuts and goes red.
I stop to chat with a mate it goes red. I ride dh trails it goes red. I ride in dry weather or wet weather it goes red.

They will lend me a battery to see if my battery may be the problem...

So I'm not sure they have a solution, at least not in my store. and may have spent too much on replacing motors and are cutting costs.

PS yes I've cleaned connectors tried the die electric grease, but it doesn't change the fact that it cuts out even in dry weather.

bad luck with giant customer service...
NicoMTB I totally feel your pain! I was the first one to have this exact problem over a year ago. After a motor replacement and no change I was told the same thing , yet my buddies bikes when I rode them on the exact same runs the same way they had no cut out. Giant said it was my fault as well. After mentioning I was going to take legal against Giant I was quickly offered a full refund, which I took and never looked back. I now have a Yamaha Moro with the exact same x-3 motor but tuned by Yamaha in a Yamaha frame and I have had ZERO problems with anything let alone the motor cutting out. It seems Giant in their wizdumb have screwed over an absolutely excellent motor with their own programming. It's too bad it makes the Yamaha motor look bad when it's not. Good luck with your dilemma, perhaps try mentioning legal action and see what happens.

See this post; 2022 Regin E-0 overheating and no solution in Giant’s sight 😱

Last edited:

dimitrin

May 7, 2023
Central Texas
I'm in Texas, our regional Giant representative hinted that it was a seldom occurring known issue. From the time the bike shop hooked my bike up to the computer and read the information they immediately acknowledge the motor was bad and one week later I picked up my bike with a new motor installed.
Of course we are in Texas, it's possible the local giant rep didn't want to be hung from a noose for failure to oblige 😉

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
I'm in Texas, our regional Giant representative hinted that it was a seldom occurring known issue. From the time the bike shop hooked my bike up to the computer and read the information they immediately acknowledge the motor was bad and one week later I picked up my bike with a new motor installed.
Of course we are in Texas, it's possible the local giant rep didn't want to be hung from a noose for failure to oblige 😉
Ha ha ha nice in France we ve gone soft no more guillotine.. 😂
So after filming the issues and all their recommendations still failing the Motor is replaced and battery as well.
Bike has been in warranty for 5 months. Just head aches...
I'am selling it after. And already have something else arriving soon.
Customer service and the way it was handled it was just a disaster.
Maybe badluck. As when it works the frame geometry Mx set up is spot on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles