YT SL ebike

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
That's fair, I have never ridden a fazua, and the only one I have seen in the wild seems to have lasted long. But there are some serious horror stories on this forum.

But my issues go beyond the reliability. Why are YT charging twice the price for the SN when it will have so much less power and range then the decoy? I know this isn't specific to YT.

I rode a 70Nm Shimano motor for 5 years with a 504wh battery. After 3-4 years and 10,000km, on a cold wet winter's day the battery would not last an hour in the top assistance mode. Considering these SL bikes have such small non replaceable batteries that are going to be cycled frequently, I think they will age very poorly.

I have had 2 YTs, but looks to me like they are coming out way too late to the party with this.
The battery is not "non replaceable" you will still be able to remove the battery and replace it when it dies. it just means dropping the motor to do so. its just not quickly replaceable is all. same with the SC Heckler SL. SC and YT chose to do an internal battery like specialized does. internal batteries are more involved to replace but not irreplaceable.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I also think they are going to eventually release an aluminum version. Probably as a core 1. In the youtube live they kept referring to it as the Decoy SV CF. I figure they will come out with a Decoy SV AL eventually.

WarrenB

May 24, 2019
Saint Paul, MN USA
Ok nice. Was just referring to whatever this means:
IMG_0070.png

It has me worried it might not be easy to drop in a standard replacement if needed.

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Right on cue, PB weighs the Pro full power e-bikes and they average around 25 Kilos/ 55#s.

So as some pointed out, you really can NOT get a proper full power Enduro e-bike that only weighs 21 Kgs/ 46#s.

Also worth noting, most are running the smaller battery options.

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I think it's very light given that equal specced KSL (like my own custom one) would be 20kg inc. pedals, and this mid-power models are 2x as powerful with 50perc. more range that's very fair trade-off.
I want to personally believe the same as Suns_SPD with mid-power being the true future winner but I am not so sure given the SL unpopularity among e-crowd. Once you try how ridiculous powerful full-fats are, it's hard to scale back. I am only happy with SL because I compare it with non-ebike in my head only :- ).

If I didn't already have and still loved my KSL, this would be my bike of choice instead. Enduro-build and mid-power, imho, winning combination but we'll see how it fares in market esp. now when systems like the DJI were anounced.

How loud is the Fazua60 system?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I think it's very light given that equal specced KSL (like my own custom one) would be 20kg inc. pedals, and this mid-power models are 2x as powerful with 50perc. more range that's very fair trade-off.
I want to personally believe the same as Suns_SPD with mid-power being the true future winner but I am not so sure given the SL unpopularity among e-crowd. Once you try how ridiculous powerful full-fats are, it's hard to scale back. I am only happy with SL because I compare it with non-ebike in my head only :- ).

If I didn't already have and still loved my KSL, this would be my bike of choice instead. Enduro-build and mid-power, imho, winning combination but we'll see how it fares in market esp. now when systems like the DJI were anounced.

How loud is the Fazua60 system?
only problem with that DJI system is that it literally was just announced. its gonna be a few years before you start seeing it on other bike manufactures and the Amflow brand DJI launched for it is only gonna be available in the UK, Germany, and Australia and not tell Q4 of this year.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
YT are already running 500€ OFF on all Decoy SN models, so I assume these doesn't sell like hot cakes.
That doesn't mean much. For one YT is always having some kind of sale on their bikes. 2 it's a slower market bike sales wise across the board with every brand. 3 the new decoy isn't even available yet. I am sure once they become in stock more people will pull the trigger.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles