You have £6k for a new bike which do you buy ?…..

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Marin alpine trail e2 all day long o))

Oh how I love that bike. I even had one on preorder until I couldn’t get any kind of answer as to when it would arrive. Ended up cancelling and ordering a Norco Range VLT. Still hasn’t arrived but was told it’s expected this month, however I was also told it was expected last month. If it arrives by end of year I’ll be happy. Thank god I live in SoCal so I can ride year round.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Nukeproof, is that not ChainReaction Cycles own brand? You know like Halfords has Carrera bikes and Asda has 'Smart Price'.... ? ?
Yeah, and beats all the over priced ebike out there. own brand beats all
Nukeproof, is that not ChainReaction Cycles own brand? You know like Halfords has Carrera bikes and Asda has 'Smart Price'.... ? ?
Own brand is best...buy some Asda jaffa cakes and insert in cake-hole.???

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
After yesterday I’d be negotiating hard and stretching that £6k to £7k and buying a Kenevo SL.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No need for alarm...

I've always thought that Spesh make good bikes, they just haven't been good value when compared to the opposition. The KSL currently has no opposition and it's almost exactly what I want from a eeb.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Actually the KSL does have opposition, in the Rotwild r.g375, which I think is a far more tempting purchase.

Removable battery too, and you can run it full power, or in a cut back mode like the Orbea Rise.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Except you can't buy them in the UK...

And it's got a Shimano motor. No thanks.

No range extender either. The EP is a thirsty bugger with a 630Wh battery, how far is a 375Wh battery going to get you?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
After yesterday I’d be negotiating hard and stretching that £6k to £7k and buying a Kenevo SL.
But when I thought about buying one the other week you made me feel really bad the way you looked at the screen ...

So give us the full on mini Dom review on climbing/descending feel, effort, lazyness, sweat, number of cakes afterwards.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I can't believe you posted in there. Never in a million years would I think you'd post in there except to insult people. What's the world coming to.

So as a big fan of EMTB mode. How did you fare there ? Just leave it in Turbo for a similar experience to Tour ish ? You didn't break it, so that's unusual and quite positive.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
So as a big fan of EMTB mode. How did you fare there ?
I broke a sweat... :oops:
Just leave it in Turbo for a similar experience to Tour ish ?
Eco-ish.
You didn't break it, so that's unusual and quite positive.
Didn't crash it either.

There's a steep, broken climb called Lungbuster to the trails we rode which we did 7 times in the morning on the KSL. The 7th was a mad rush to get an extra run in before the bikes had to go back but I could still talk when we got to the top. It's a slower paced climber than a full fat unless you're some kind of fitness hero; Turbo on the KSL felt marginally better that Eco on the Rail, probably due to the lighter weight. The Rail felt poppier, but that could be down to familiarity. The KSL changed direction better.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles