• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

You decide !!

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Let's say YOU have a choice of these 3 bikes right now.... Which would You choose ?

1. Canyon Spectral CF9- unlimited silver ( 900wh battery ) EP801

2. Cannondale moterra SL2- tiger shark, 601wh battery, EP801

3. Mondraker crafty carbon rr sl- white, 750wh battery, Bosch performance line cx

Let's go......

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
The bikes..
Screenshot_20240701-190218.jpg
Screenshot_20240701-185503.jpg
Screenshot_20240701-185331.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ooh good list. Been hearing some great things about that Cannondale. Tweed Valley Bikes rate them highly.

Mondraker is sexy, our lbs has them in stock, look great in the flesh.

Spectral is a fantastic choice with a MASSIVE battery

Mmm, I’d need to ponder on this for a few more weeks! 😆

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I saw the canyon in the flesh on Sunday, I didn't hate it.
The Cannondale on paper looks great, but its Cannondale do weird shit for the sake of doing weird shit, normally I'm a fan of weird shit, but its not handy when you need to fix something.
Mondy's are a lovely looking bike but are cursed and you will forever be buying replacement something.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
My ( the beast ) haibike hardtail has the yammy pw-st motor and 500wh battery, weight is around 27kg and causes lots of issues when having to physically lift it over stuff ( back health issues ).
So looking for less weight, still has power and good battery range as such. Yes I know there's lots of factors etc so here's where my head is at with those bikes selected...

1. Canyon spectral
+'s for me are: The spectral is a bike I love the looks of and is under the weight of the beast at around 24kg, having that 900wh battery could mean I can take longer routes around where I would have to be lifting normally. The price point is good for the budget.
-'s for me are: It's all online and I'm not sure where my nearest dealership would be if needed. It's still a tad bit heavy to what I would ideally wish for ( even with the 720/50 battery ). The EP801 has very mixed feedback ( not just from here ) and coming from a Yamaha PW I'm just unsure on motors.

2. Cannondale moterra SL2
+'s it's around 21kg with full power Ep801.I like the look and the specs seem good. The price point is ok for the budget.601wh Battery is 101wh more than the current beasts.
-'s Dealership is at minimum 2 hours away depending where I buy. Unsure on battery being enough ( hoping the weight reduction balances or improves on existing ) ? Again the motor !

3. Mondy cc rr sl
+'s Top spec mondy which would normally be well out of budget range but found one for a very good price point in my budget. Under current bikes weight ( around 23kg I think ) and has good spec and a 750wh battery. Looks absolutely gorgeous in my eyes.Always wanted a Bosch motor.
-'s Again dealership is not exactly local but nearer than the others lol. Wireless shifting ! Never tried so very unsure on this. Being my 1st full sus this bike seems to have excellent spec etc..is it too much too soon or better to go big from the off . Recently bad reviews on the Bosch

My budget is £7000 max and have not ruled out other bikes, I still love the strive underdog and the orbea wilds

Aaaaargh..... It's too hard to choose one

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
My ( the beast ) haibike hardtail has the yammy pw-st motor and 500wh battery, weight is around 27kg and causes lots of issues when having to physically lift it over stuff ( back health issues ).
So looking for less weight, still has power and good battery range as such. Yes I know there's lots of factors etc so here's where my head is at with those bikes selected...

1. Canyon spectral
+'s for me are: The spectral is a bike I love the looks of and is under the weight of the beast at around 24kg, having that 900wh battery could mean I can take longer routes around where I would have to be lifting normally. The price point is good for the budget.
-'s for me are: It's all online and I'm not sure where my nearest dealership would be if needed. It's still a tad bit heavy to what I would ideally wish for ( even with the 720/50 battery ). The EP801 has very mixed feedback ( not just from here ) and coming from a Yamaha PW I'm just unsure on motors.

+'s it's around 21kg with full power Ep801.I like the look and the specs seem good. The price point is ok for the budget.601wh Battery is 101wh more than the current beasts.
-'s Dealership is at minimum 2 hours away depending where I buy. Unsure on battery being enough ( hoping the weight reduction balances or improves on existing ) ? Again the motor !

3. Mondy cc rr sl
+'s Top spec mondy which would normally be well out of budget range but found one for a very good price point in my budget. Under current bikes weight ( around 23kg I think ) and has good spec and a 750wh battery. Looks absolutely gorgeous in my eyes.Always wanted a Bosch motor.
-'s Again dealership is not exactly local but nearer than the others lol. Wireless shifting ! Never tried so very unsure on this. Being my 1st full sus this bike seems to have excellent spec etc..is it too much too soon or better to go big from the off . Recently bad reviews on the Bosch

My budget is £7000 max and have not ruled out other bikes, I still love the strive underdog and the orbea wilds

With a £7000 budget Levo should be on your decision list

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Nice... Not even considered or seen any of the YT,'s whilst looking around lol. Good looking bikes and well in budget

I’d be looking at geometry first, then suspension, then components, battery size etc. Consider the type of riding you do and what bike suits that best.

All motors have issues. I’m plagued with issues with the Bosch Gen 4 whereas my Shimano motor has been an absolute pleasure to ride. The motor is only one component of the bike that gets you up hills easier. I wouldn’t buy a bike based on what motor it has. The actual choice of bike is far more important imo.

That Cannondale is a downhill / enduro beast with a 62.5 deg head angle, less travel than expected though for steep tech

The Spectral & Crafty are more trail oriented with a 65.5 deg head angle. Ideal for all sorts of riding

The Decoy is a 64 deg head angle so similar to the Strive:On and Wild. YT’s are sexy mofo’s and that core 4 comes with full Ohlin’s bling 😆

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

1. Canyon spectral

3. Mondy cc rr sl

Spreadsheet Man! list all the pro's and cons

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
There's a very nice condition Mondraker SL that's on your list, listed on ebay right now - 2700GBP! Looks legit too. EDIT - FRAME ONLY!

Also, I'd be looking at the Whyte E Lyte bikes as well.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles