Will it Rise to the occasion?

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Ah so you're only a little taller than me. Tbh I would stick with the stock 150mm dropper then and save the money on the one up.

Yes centerlock discs, not 6 bolt. Actually I don't have the hunt wheels, but I think they are great. I bought some custom made wheels from a small builder, using oem 30mm rims and uprated spec bitex hubs with I think sapim race light spokes. They are bombproof and weigh about 1760g if I recall.

Don't worry about the microspline getting damaged by the cassette, the 60nm and your weight will keep it in decent condition for a decent while, and you can file out those nicks if you change cassette or so I believe.

I Think my hubs have a proprietary mechanism to reduce damage to the freehub but I can't remember how it works now. Anyway I love the wheels.

The bike is awesome you will love it. I'd invest in a garmin edge device though. Very very useful.

1760g is a good weight, are the JRA Traildogs? I'm sure they're build around Bitex hubs. If I wasn't so impatient zid have had those over the Hunts but the Trail Wide were in stock, the Traildog weren't.

I think I actually am you lol. I've been eying up the Garmin 530 so I don't have to rely on my phone.

I use Outdoor Active on my phone for route planning and nav on the bike. I've always been put off Garmins by the maps. I've always used OS Explorer and find the OSM style maps hard to use for route planning.

Easy to follow a route but I miss the detail of the OS maps when I'm planning a route.

As I understand, I can plan a route on Outdoor Active, export the GPX to Garmin and follow the route on the 530.

Do you know whether the Garmin will pick up the voice guidance from the routes that I plan?

The main reasons I use Outdoor Active are the snap to track function when planning, I can plan the route on my phone (no pc needed) and it gives voice guidance. Ok, it's far from perfect and I still need to check the map now and then.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
My iphone provides audible directions from routes saved to my Garmin 830

Downside to that for me would be having to buy an iPhone!

So the iPhone links to the garmin and while the garmin shows you the route, the iPhone tells you where you're going?

Does that need an app on the phone? Or is it something built into the IOS?

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Downside to that for me would be having to buy an iPhone!

So the iPhone links to the garmin and while the garmin shows you the route, the iPhone tells you where you're going?

Does that need an app on the phone? Or is it something built into the IOS?
Your understanding is correct. For saved "courses" I get audible directions.
It works via the iOS Garmin app connected via BT to the Garmin 830.
I'd wager it works the same for Android devices as well

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles