Wild FS M10 battery removal??

kneesliding

Jun 11, 2021
Germany
Hi

Is there a trick to remove the battery?

I've turned the key? Can see the lock mechanism move, but the battery won't come out...

Any help would be good...

Cheers

Pete

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Push the battery back in until you hear a click and the key moves a little and then try again. I’ve found that the cable routing can cause the battery to be a really tight fit if they’ve moved slightly. When you turn the key to remove the battery you are looking for it to drop slightly and then it’s down to the little release lever on the batter.

Can you tell how pedestrian the match is? 29 mins in and ?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Agree with @Pigin. One thing to add, if the battery was pushed back and gets sticky/refuses to drop into the latch when you turn the key, try using a tire lever to help it drop into the latch.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Put a collar of duct tape round the battery, with a lip at the bottom/cover side; then you have something you can pull it out with.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Same battery removal issue here. Removed the battery to clean now the battery cover does not quite fit right. I had to walk away after an hour of playing with it.
The cover is really tricky. The key is that you must not insert the tabs on the bottom of the cover all the way to their bases when you fit the cover. If you do, the tip of the latch won't catch onto whatever lip it's supposed to reach. There's a sweet spot where the tabs are maybe inserted 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the way when you close the cover that it latches properly.

While you're at it, make sure the heat shrink hasn't fallen off the tabs. It probably won't change whether it fits, but may prevent noise and wear from vibration.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles