Whyte e160rsx 2024 creaking noise

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
hi all, bought the 160rsx 2 weeks ago over the e180, just had my second ride on it yesterday. First ride was very good no problems at all, got home cleaned and lubed as normal. Yesterday went out for my second ride and all I can hear is a creaking noise which seems to be coming from the rear suspension linkage, checked all bolts which seem fine nothing loose. Anyway going to phone the shop I bought it from see what they can do, just wondering if anyone else gets creaking noises from there bike.
Thanks in advance Dave.

View attachment IMG_5485.jpeg

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
Could be the motor mounts need to be greased and tightened
Just dropped it back off at shop I bought it from, said he’s going to check it over and let me know what it is. He said if he can’t sort it he’ll go down the warranty line. Just my luck 1st new bike in 5 years as well 😢

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
OK first ride and creaking on second ride...on a new bike........suggests something came loose that was not tightened properly in the first place. The saddle is a likely candidate especially if it only happens when seated.

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
OK first ride and creaking on second ride...on a new bike........suggests something came loose that was not tightened properly in the first place. The saddle is a likely candidate especially if it only happens when seated.
It’s definitely not the saddle, it creaks when off the bike as well. If you hold the frame and move it about the noise occurs. It sounds like it’s coming from suspension linkage but guy at bike shop seemed to think not. 🤷‍♂️

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
Have you heard from your LBS?
Yes pal, he’s sorted it. There was no grease on main pivot and some of bearings. All good now, just need to go pick it up 👍👍 Got a couple of weeks off work starting Saturday so it’ll be getting well used 😁 thanks for the replies 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles