Whyte E-160 RS MX or a Mondraker Crafty R - which would you go for and why?

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
Hi Folks - out of a Whyte E-160 RS MX or a Mondraker Crafty R - which would you go for and why? Any comments/opinions greatly appreciated.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
I bought an e160 s after demo'ing the Whyte and a Cratfy at Wheelbase in MArch.
Main reason was the Whyte felt more balanced whereas the Crafy felt a little 'front heavy'.....

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I had a 160RSX and now have a crafty carbon rr.
I would say the Whyte is quicker and more fun in tight, twisty stuff and the Crafty is better at climbing, especially techy rocky stuff. On fast rocky downhills I also prefer the Crafty.
In my ideal world I would have both😀 They compliment each other.
As an all rounder I think the Crafty is the better bike but the Whyte is close behind and more fun in the right situations.
Both great bikes.

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
I had a 160RSX and now have a crafty carbon rr.
I would say the Whyte is quicker and more fun in tight, twisty stuff and the Crafty is better at climbing, especially techy rocky stuff. On fast rocky downhills I also prefer the Crafty.
In my ideal world I would have both😀 They compliment each other.
As an all rounder I think the Crafty is the better bike but the Whyte is close behind and more fun in the right situations.
Both great bikes.
Thank you, yes they need to have a child then there’s a perfect bike. Cheers

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
Which,. if any did you buy ?
I managed to get a good deal on a Crafty RR in the end - and wow what a bike.... I am a big guy and went for an XL and whilst its a big bike it still maintains a good riding position and feels super stable at high speeds over the gnarly stuff - most fun I've had on a bike in ages -

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles