Where is the displayed odometer value stored (E8000)

CeeJay

Mar 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Hi
(I meant to post here but my rookie mistake means its cross posted in Merida as well. Please use this one for replies and sorry for the..)
I have a Merida e140 with the 8000 motor and until yesterday had the SC-EM800 display which could display speed, cadence, time etc. as well as trip distance and an odometer which started at zero when I bought the bike and has logged all kms since.
Yesterday I fitted a EW-EN100 to connect my (newish) Garmin Edge 530.. Everything went as expected and I'm happy with the set-up.
Naturally I had to remove the redundant EM800 so I added an odometer data field in the screen options on the Garmin when I added the eBike sensor but the odometer value only displays the odometer log from files in the Garmin Edge... there is no data field available to display the motor odometer count in any of the Garmin screen options.
I'm curious to know if the odometer log for the bike is local to the EM800 and will stay at the point it was disconnected or if that value is in the motor electronics and when the EM800 is reconnected it will advance to the kms logged in the motor.
Can the odometer value of the motor / bike be sent to the Edge 530 with the other STePS info.
Cheers,
Chris

CeeJay

Mar 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Hi
(I meant to post here but my rookie mistake means its cross posted in Merida as well. Please use this one for replies and sorry for the..)
I have a Merida e140 with the 8000 motor and until yesterday had the SC-EM800 display which could display speed, cadence, time etc. as well as trip distance and an odometer which started at zero when I bought the bike and has logged all kms since.
Yesterday I fitted a EW-EN100 to connect my (newish) Garmin Edge 530.. Everything went as expected and I'm happy with the set-up.
Naturally I had to remove the redundant EM800 so I added an odometer data field in the screen options on the Garmin when I added the eBike sensor but the odometer value only displays the odometer log from files in the Garmin Edge... there is no data field available to display the motor odometer count in any of the Garmin screen options.
I'm curious to know if the odometer log for the bike is local to the EM800 and will stay at the point it was disconnected or if that value is in the motor electronics and when the EM800 is reconnected it will advance to the kms logged in the motor.
Can the odometer value of the motor / bike be sent to the Edge 530 with the other STePS info.
Cheers,
Chris

I had a chance after a ride today to reconnect the SC-EM800 display and can answer one of my questions. I took a photo of the odometer value before I removed it and upon reconnecting it the odometer updated to include the distance of the latest ride which would indicate the odo value is stored in the motor electronics.

I would still like to be able to view this value on the Garmin Edge 530 STEPS screen without having to reconnect the EM800..
Anyone have any idea how?
Cheers,
CJ

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Correct. Everything is stored in the motor.

This might get you started or lead you to what you want on the garmin front/no display.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles