Where do you mount your phone on the handlebars? Pictures of your set up please!

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
You guys are awesome and have provided a lot of helpful insight. I do see the Pros and Cons to having your phone on the handlebars and depending on your riding style and what trails you are on all being factors.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
For some of the more complicated routes in the Alps, having the phone (with Swiss maps) on the handlebars showing where you are invaluable, using my cheap solution posted with pics above. On trails I know I keep my phone safe in my backpack, but having said this, I’ve not yet damaged my phone when attached to my bike but I did smash a watch up which I’d put in a pocket of my backpack!

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I use an SP Connect mount on the bars if I’m riding during working hours, otherwise I stick the phone in my backpack. I’m glad it wasn’t on the bars when I crashed the other day though, as the computer has done a good enough job of bruising my groin and tearing my knob and balls on its own.

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
I use/have used Quadlock exclusively, mounted on the handle bars or stem.

Currently I haven’t re-mounted it to my eeb as I fitted new Fatbars last weekend and weirdly I like the clean look of no gadgets.

You can’t beat Quadlock in my opinion as I also have a mount on my standard MTB and a
Clip-mount I use on my golf bag.

I also have phone insurance so if it breaks I get a new one which takes the worry away. Only claimed a few times in 5-odd years, £50 excess.

View attachment 69907

Last edited:

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Mine is on the bars protected by my light bar which also supports my tool bag.

78D3988E-1AD1-4814-817D-7DAE86DBB3AF.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles