What premium features are you most intrigued by?

OnlySendsMTB

Aug 3, 2024
St. Louis Missouri
I lived and rode through the early development of full suspension bikes and loved all the crazy and varied "innovations" of the era. Upon first glance, most of today's full suspension bikes look pretty much the same.

Today we are going through a similar era with EMTBs. There are lots of interesting designs and developments being thrown against the proverbial wall. I'm intrigued by them all! What are some of the new ideas you like and hope to see on the future generations of Eebs?

Gearbox Motors (Say goodbye to derailleurs, chains and cassettes!)?
Highly Adjustable Geo (ala Specialized turbo levo comp)?
Remove & Ride Batteries (ala Transition Relay)?
Contained suspension (ala Scott Spark)?
On The Fly Adjustable Suspension (ala Canyon Shapeshifter)?

Personally, I'm hoping for a bike with ALL these things!

What are you eagerly waiting for?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Increased energy density for batteries, leading to...
Either Lighter batteries for the same range or longer range for the same weight.

A gearbox motor, a simple 2-speed would suffice, then the cassette could be simpler and stronger; ditto the chain.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
What are you eagerly waiting for?

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the next innovation that will provide better ability to carve tight trails while providing extra straight-line stability and lighter weight to throw around. I'm also eager to get rid of my chain and derailleur in exchange for a belt and transmission. I want tires that will provide more traction with less rolling resistance. Shocks and forks need to absorb small bumps and big hits alike, without squandering momentum. I want a saddle that will allow me to climb for hours on end without giving me a sore butt or numb junk. How about some pedals that provide maximum traction, while still allowing foot adjustment, but doesn't make you look like you were attacked my a mountain lion when you crash.

So do you think that bikes will ever get so good that they'll be boring, and riders will yearn for the 2020's when riders still had to work hard and possess a level of skill?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles