What exactly have I bought? I'm a virgin as regards ebikes, but a pensioner otherwise!

Dijon

Aug 24, 2023
Devon, England
Age seems to have caught up with me so I just sold my Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp and bought a Specialized Levo, but I'm not clear which model as I can't find the same spec on line. It has an 8 speed Acer cassette and there's a peculiar Speed Control, so I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me. Impressions so far: it's very heavy.....but amazingly quick downhill, and riding uphill is a doddle

IMG_2056[1].JPG IMG_2058[1].JPG

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
It’s a specialized Levo hardtail, 400w battery I think, they changed the colour to all black and other colours in 2019 so probably manufactured prior. If you download the specialized Mission Control app to your phone and connect it it will give you more info’ 👍🏻

here you go, could be a 2019

Dijon

Aug 24, 2023
Devon, England
It’s a specialized Levo hardtail, 400w battery I think, they changed the colour to all black and other colours in 2019 so probably manufactured prior. If you download the specialized Mission Control app to your phone and connect it it will give you more info’ 👍🏻

here you go, could be a 2019

I think that you're right. I know that the bike was bought new in 2020 (and has only done 250 miles since!),and that specification would explain the aftermarket Garmin Speed Controller.

Last edited:

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I think that you're right. I know that the bike was bought new in 2020 (and has only done 250 miles since),and that specification would explain the odd Speed Controller.
The mode controller is not the specialized mode controller, it’s a garmin one.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
A funny story about that Garmin remote. My wife and I had 17' model Levos. I would sync my Garmin to her bike. She always insisted on using eco mode. Whenever she would lag behind or a hill was coming, I'd raise her power level. She eventually figured it out that I was doing something to her bike. 😅

TankCommander

Sep 17, 2021
Australia
I have the green version of that bike and love it. ( I should be a pensioner, but my employer pays me to wfh and I can go out on the trails most days :) ) Doesn't look like you have a dropper post, so get one, its real easy to fit and route the cable internally, made a world of difference for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles