What emtb full sus under 3k would you buy

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Just a heads up on this forum we dont really accelerate into calling people condescending pricks, so keep it civil. We tend to agree to disagree, and leave it at that :cool:

In the world of EMTB, spending a lot of money doesn't get you the best bike. Some of the best bikes out there are between 4-5k, and you can actually get a very good bike for 3k, either from the likes of decathlon, or from the sales with many of the direct sales brands. e.g some of last years Commencal can be had for a steal right now.

As with any kind of bike, buying the right one for your sizing, and the right one for your riding, is the most important thing, here in the Surrey Alps you cant move for seeing S-Works and CC Santacruz's ambling along, but then that's peoples choice, even if they don't need it.
If thats all you have then you get wot you can and build on it progress is the way of life ??

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
Hi I am looking to purchase my first emtb, I am looking a full sus around the £3k mark. I borrowed the decathlon stilus last week for a 1.5hr cycle, unfortunately the battery wasn't fully charged and ran out at 13 miles leaving an 8 mile cycle back to the shop without battery which was an experience.

Loved everything about the bike though brakes could do with being upgraded, this was my first time on a electric bike so have nothing to compare with.

I have read reports that this motor can't be derestricted which puts me off slightly

I know 3k isn't much in the way of a full suspension electric mountain bike, but if it was you what would you buy and why?

The next obvious choice is the voodoo zobop with the steps motor (providing it can be derestricted for off road use only)

Any feedback is much appreciated
I would look into the CUBE STEREO HYBRID range. They have models with 500Wh battery, 27,5 inch wheels, SRAM & Rockshocs for very affordable prices. IMO they offer the best value for money for the moment. More than FOCUS, which offer great affordable e-bikes too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles