What are these for please?

Disco0512

Jul 23, 2021
Shropshire
Hi. Can someone please tell me what these are for. They came with my new reaction hybrid pro 625 but I’m a bit of a novice with bikes lol. Thanks

image.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The plastic guides fit in your calipers if you take the wheels off to transport the bike.
They avoid the pads being moved too close together accidentally.

The clear pads are for protecting paint on the frame from cable rubs.

Not sure about the bolts?

Disco0512

Jul 23, 2021
Shropshire
That’s brilliant, thanks guys. Yeah I’m guessing maybe for the water bottle mount but I would never have guessed about the calliper guards. Many thanks

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
You can also get these brake spacers (which I recommend if you're planning on bleeding your brakes at any time):
1627287882430.png

These are wider than the orange ones are are used to hold the cylinders apart when you have the brake pads out for any length of time and especially when bleeding the brakes / replacing the brake oil. They protect you from your own idiocy (which I find necessary!) Squeezing the brake handle is far too easy to do and is a bad idea without anything to stop the cylinders coming together :)

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
They are essential when bleeding some brakes as one has to pull the brake lever back, and it is best to remove the brake pads to avoid contamination.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles