Weather. WTF.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I always feel like I start off my ride avoiding puddles and mud... and the more mud appears on my bike, the less I care!

Once there’s a bit of mud on it / me, everything is going to need washed anyway, so why hold back?!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
We are hoping to ride in the Brecon Beacons but the rain had had a bit of an impact.

I’ll need to upgrade to some longer travel suspension ?

BF9C6A35-AB51-45D9-B5F5-7A1228254DB5.jpeg

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Got out Sat and Sun, slip and slide best describes it.

Had a brief ride with Simon from Nirvana Cycles said he has been riding Surrey Hills since 1987 and this is the worst he has ever known it.

Had to scrap the previous two weeks as it was just too horrible and I'll go out in most everything. Had to replace my jockey wheels as they were buggered a month ago...

I guess it makes you appreciate the Spring/Summer....

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
*First* ride on the SL today, and I have to admit I bailed out on to the road at the half way point. It was no fun. Thought I'd picked ground that was usually ride-able in all conditions, but even that was mostly slippy mud and slidey rocks.

I usually spend the winter months riding lanes, looking for bridleways branching off them that I make a mental note to check-out in the spring/summer.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I need to get out this weekend before I go mad. I hate mud and I’m bored with tarmac.
What I need basically is an endless “fire track fest” in the Surrey Hills.

Any routes / suggestions for a rubbish cyclist who is scared of mud?

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I need to get out this weekend before I go mad. I hate mud and I’m bored with tarmac.

Forget Surrey Hills for now, you need to go to Swinley, all hard standing

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.

Holmbury Hill, Pitch Hill, Winterfold then beyond (west) to Blackheath is a big network of fire trails, and mostly sandy surface.

Also look at the Downs Link, you could head south on that then double back from Cranleigh.

It's been raining hard here since yesterday so I wouldn't expect this weekend's conditions to be any better than last week.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
We've had it lucky up here in Scotland for a few months, not the same amount of flooding as further south anyway, with the Borders being the exception.

I went out on monday for an hour with the strict aim of not getting too muddy. No chance at all - luckily I fitted a Mudstop and extra bearing seal. Plus, I'm sick of washing everything I wear after a bimble....not to mention the bike.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have you thought about going into marketing?

I think if we combine his interests and abilities, then maybe he could be the inventor of the "Fortune Pizza" ... you eat the whole pizza, and underneath is an @Doomanic prophecy like ... "To do more, first you must do some..." .. or he could simplify it .. "If still hungry, order another Pizza .. Call Dom's 08374023489"

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Found my solution to the weather problem, head to twisted oaks bike park?. Seems to be immune to weather judging by instagram posts I see! Any other EMTB people there tomorrow?

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
The weather is actually beautiful today, unfortunately my bikes in the shop awaiting a new rear mech, with a bit of luck it will be done by lunch and I can get out this afternoon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles