S.Wales
Another thread locked😫

Dingle berry is not a very nice name to call someone

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Just a reminder to everyone.

If someone says something you disagree with, you don't HAVE to respond. No points are awarded or lost either way.

If you do feel the need to respond. Before clicking "POST REPLY", edit your own thread and change all the words referencing male and female reproductive organs with names of Fruits (male) and Vegetables (female). Then change any expletives to adjectives like Juicy or Succulent.

For example, after your edit, you would be left with "Gary, you Juicy Turnip"

I realise that often some Fruits and Vegetables are miss assigned, so this should help and avoid any arguments if someone thinks they've been incorrectly insulted.

Thankyou, this saves us a lot of time editing threads afterwards.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
A french study that developed a kind of an airbag to be worn as a neck fashion piece, stated that from a fitness point of view, it is safer for you to ride your bike to work without wearing a helmet than use other means of transportation.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Are you serious? Dingleberry in Australia is a term of endearment!! it's a light-hearted way of telling someone they are being silly!!! I call my kids dingleberries!
Perhaps the British meaning is different🤷

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
A french study that developed a kind of an airbag to be worn as a neck fashion piece, stated that from a fitness point of view, it is safer for you to ride your bike to work without wearing a helmet than use other means of transportation.

Although I’ve had more accidents off road than on road, I would definitely still say road riding is more dangerous

Jdub

Jan 10, 2022
Valencia, Spain
Although I’ve had more accidents off road than on road, I would definitely still say road riding is more dangerous
Agreed. My wife nearly killed a young guy when he flew out of control directly in front of her car while biking in a huge pack of roadies. She just managed to stop. Everyone got out and the guy was too embarrassed for them to call the ambulance. He was lucky to just be scraped up.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That sounds like a very interpretive study ?

Isn't it like saying - following our study :

3 out of 10 people who cycled to work without a helmet were involved in accidents resulting in severe brain damage (now identified using the modern simple test - the cyclists were no longer capable of establishing or identifying if they were at a meeting or a party).

Meanwhile,

5 out of 10 people who tried to perform an hours circuit training whilst on a moving bus suffered severe injuries.

8 out of 10 people who wore leotards and performed aerobics on the tube/subway suffered injuries one way or the other.

The authors of the study also included a footnote to explain that all volunteers who'd suffered neurological damage as a result of the test were successfully rehabilitated into society in political roles "Vinum potentius crayon".

Jdub

Jan 10, 2022
Valencia, Spain

3 out of 10 people who cycled to work without a helmet were involved in accidents resulting in severe brain damage (now identified using the modern simple test - the cyclists were no longer capable of establishing or identifying if they were at a meeting or a party).

Meanwhile,

5 out of 10 people who tried to perform an hours circuit training whilst on a moving bus suffered severe injuries.

8 out of 10 people who wore leotards and performed aerobics on the tube/subway suffered injuries one way or the other.

The authors of the study also included a footnote to explain that all volunteers who'd suffered neurological damage as a result of the test were successfully rehabilitated into society in political roles "Vinum potentius crayon".
Exactly. It's like the often quoted study, 80% of car accidents happen within 5 miles of your house... when that's exactly where we drive the most. Statistics are most often used as a blunt force object to prove our confirmation bias imo.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I love studies.
99.99…% of children-less bike riders who died in a biking accident while not wearing a helmet did not pass on their DNA.
So evolutionist we’re right. Not wearing a helmet while riding will eventually help the human race. IMO.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Personal feelings
Offroad - Yes, an absolute must, full face preferred
Popping off to the shops, into town for a bit of cruising round the coffee and bun shop, its not needed.

Incidentally, a helmet isnt a be all end all of safety and wearing one means you won't get injured in a spill. You can still get head trauma and still end up with a fractured skull and blood clots, and then of course is the rotational issue, recently addressed by the MIPS system.
If there wasn't a dangerous issue with rotational forces, there wouldn't have been a MIPS development would there.

Last edited:

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
I share Google maps location with my wife. She goes for a walk by herself, I know where her phone ( and hopefully she ) is. I go for a ride by myself, she knows where me and mine are.

I always wear a helmet, my choice ( even when not on a bike 😁👍)
My son came up through bmx'ing and thought helmets and lycra were for old men etcetc. Then he got into mtb'ing, then road cycling. He's been knocked off 3 times and really really, REALLY appreciates helmets now.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Now now everyone .. lets stay on topic :

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil

Meanwhile,

It may be… can’t remember well… I guess too much hardtail riding has damaged a few braincells. I never ride without a helmet though, because it protects from sunlight and dont fly with the wind like wool caps.
And I nevet do 4 foot drops onto the dark and try doing jumps with a bike someone would lend to me 😇

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Jesus, that sounds a bit like me🥺.... without the inflated hairstyle.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You're an intelligent reasoned man @apac so fairly chill.
Lack of height isn't even a qualifier for online ALMS.
😏

Mooree

Jan 18, 2022
USA
The helmet will protect you from a serious head injury and lessen the blow in the event of an accident. Wearing a bike helmet properly will help you maximize its function.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Having destroyed 2 helmets in the past 3 years I appreciate what they “can” do.
So one day I rolled the Rail 9.7 out of the garage for a quick test-ride after some maintenance. No need for a helmet I thought …back in the garage and got ready for a “real” ride. No problem 😌.

A few days later a young parent, who I know, mentioned that they had seen me riding without a helmet. He reminded me that the young children on our street look up to us. Point taken!

Jdub

Jan 10, 2022
Valencia, Spain
Lol, just got back from falling off a small cliff followed by my Cube.. I'm amazed to not be injured! As I tumbled down, the back of my head smacked the rock you see in the pic. Happy to be alive, greetings guys and safety first!
20220524_144617.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A few days later a young parent, who I know, mentioned that they had seen me riding without a helmet. He reminded me that the young children on our street look up to us.
Wow! That's some absolutely next level bizarre parenting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles