Turbo levo or kenevo?

Ginger_Richie

Oct 31, 2019
Stoke on Trent
I currently don’t ride an EMTB but am going on a demo day at Cannock on the new levo. I currently ride a Whyte G170 which has 180mm travel up front and 170 at the back. I ride steep short techy descents and love jumping. My bike has a coil shock and is quite playful. Will the ebike lack playfulness or is this where the real fun starts? My fitness is lacking and can’t enjoy going down the tracks as much as I’d like because I’m always knackered when I get to the top, this is why I want an ebike.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Dave91 Is it still the cyclone of Levo's or is there a Kenevo being squeezed in the van at the same time ?? I think a few people showed some interest even if the terrain wasn't ideal for pushing on to the limits.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I’d say if you’re used to that travel then the Kenevo may be your bike although you’d be just as happy on the Levo.

Try both & if you still can’t decide that means you need both✌?I have a Kenevo and it’s best for trails here but I still want a Levo.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
The Levo is a 150mm Stumpjumper, the Kenevo is an 180mm Enduro..

Both the Levo and the Kenevo are much more stable than the Stumpjumper and Kenevo due to the added weight in thre bottom bracket and down tube.

For me, I realized that I was hoping to replace my trail/Enduro bike with my ebike more than I was trying to replace my Downhill bike. So the Levo made more sense for me. Anywhere that I would be able to really push the Kenevo to its limits over the Levo were places that I was going to be riding the Enduro or Downhill bike anyways and I was going to be riding a lift to the top.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Had a 2017 Levo, then a 2018 Kenevo and now a 2020 Levo

The Kenevo with 180mm will smash through anything, it lacks a little agility in tight/twisty sections and can be a bit hard to throw around but overall it kills it especially on large drops (5ft+) or jumping massive doubles

The Levo is much better in the twisty stuff, its lighter and shorter and so easier to throw around, upgrade the air shaft in the forks to 160mm or even 170mm for £50

In short if you want to smash through big stuff with loads of travel get a Kenevo

If you want to ride tight flowy trails and throw the bike around/change direction quickly and are not doing drops over 5ft or massive doubles then get a Levo

Best advice i can give is try to demo both back to back on the same trails, its the only way to find out what one is for you

Dave91

Sep 30, 2019
Birmingham
I’d say if you’re used to that travel then the Kenevo may be your bike although you’d be just as happy on the Levo.

Try both & if you still can’t decide that means you need both✌?I have a Kenevo and it’s best for trails here but I still want a Levo.

I'm still trying for a kenevo. I would love it there but as its not part of the demo fleet at the moment, it is difficult!

Levo experts for sure, but I'm trying to pull many favours to get a kenevo there!

Aragaiki

Dec 24, 2019
Chile, San Pedro de la Paz
I owned the Kenevo 2020 comp and it is an amazing bike, you can ride anything: XC, Enduro, Bikepark, DH trails. Really plush and composed in rough terrain. Any case, you need more body english than standard Mtb and in my firsts riding I realize my upper body was more tired than normal.

Negative: At the beginning, I suffered knee‘s pain due to the aggressive pedal position but I changed the dropper post to one with offset (25 mm) and problem disappear.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles