• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Turbo Levo battery failure, TCU dead, how do I remove levociraptor de restriction before going back to bike shop ?

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
The battery is 10 months old and has experienced total failure. 3 green lights permenantly lit.
The trouble is the bike is currently de restricted and the TCU won't turn on as a result.
I need to take it to bike shop for another major problem (Frame damage and noise) as well as for a new battery.
The problem is I can't remove the de restriction before taking the bike back to the shop due to the TCU not turning on as a result of the dead battery.
I am aware that the TCU has got it's own small backup coin battery, why can't it turn on using this ?
Failing that, how do I remove the de restriction when the TCU is just remaining off ?
Derestriciton is currently by Levociraptor. On mine I don't even need the device connected to the bike all the time to derestrict it.

I might also add that my motor is now out of warranty so do I have nothing to worry about by bringing a de restricted bike into the bike shop ? Is it only the warranty on the motor that gets effected by this, or can they void the warranty on everything to do with the bike ? My frame and battery are still in warranty.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles