Fuel EXe Trek central and Android.

Joelowden

Subscriber
Sep 25, 2023
Scotland
Just wondering if anyone has similar.
Had the TQ motor software update last week and now my trek central app shows my motor hours as 267745!!
This is on my Android phone; if I connect to my iPad the hours read correctly.( 172).
I've deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times and had the software connected to the dealer dongle to no avail. The dealer phoned trek while I was there and they couldn't give any help.

Stuart54

Jun 5, 2024
UK
Same issue with my 2-week old Trek Fuel Exe, also with 216,745 hours as my starting point on setting up the bike. Additionally, I've ridden the bike 3 times, totalling 68.86 miles on my Garmin, the 3 separate rides on the Trek app recorded a total 109.12 miles, while the overall mileage on the app shows 80.2 miles. To compound matters the hours on the odometer are unchanged at 216,745! What's going on? The recorded maps in the app history are also garbage and totally inaccurate, so how would this be any use for Trek's boast that the app can be used for navigation and battery estimation range? Either the app is useless or the software is faulty, although my dealership has now updated the software. The bike is now back at the dealership and they are trying to liaise with Trek UK. However, I had already contacted Trek UK, who couldnt/wouldn't help me and insisted I go through the dealership. I have a feeling that I am going to have to make a warranty claim and get a replacement bike ordered as the bike would be pretty worthless at resale in its current state, because who would want to purchase a bike with faulty software/app and 216,745 hours on the clock. Currently, I am not impressed with Trek's customer service for what is a £9,200 bike. For your information, the dealership tells me that the TQ app is superior to Trek's for motor tuning etc., but it doesn't have any of the other Trek Central features such as mapping.
I will update this post when I hear what the dealership has to say on their interactions with Trek UK.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Same issue with my 2-week old Trek Fuel Exe, also with 216,745 hours as my starting point on setting up the bike. Additionally, I've ridden the bike 3 times, totalling 68.86 miles on my Garmin, the 3 separate rides on the Trek app recorded a total 109.12 miles, while the overall mileage on the app shows 80.2 miles. To compound matters the hours on the odometer are unchanged at 216,745! What's going on? The recorded maps in the app history are also garbage and totally inaccurate, so how would this be any use for Trek's boast that the app can be used for navigation and battery estimation range? Either the app is useless or the software is faulty, although my dealership has now updated the software. The bike is now back at the dealership and they are trying to liaise with Trek UK. However, I had already contacted Trek UK, who couldnt/wouldn't help me and insisted I go through the dealership. I have a feeling that I am going to have to make a warranty claim and get a replacement bike ordered as the bike would be pretty worthless at resale in its current state, because who would want to purchase a bike with faulty software/app and 216,745 hours on the clock. Currently, I am not impressed with Trek's customer service for what is a £9,200 bike. For your information, the dealership tells me that the TQ app is superior to Trek's for motor tuning etc., but it doesn't have any of the other Trek Central features such as mapping.
I will update this post when I hear what the dealership has to say on their interactions with Trek UK.
Ithe hours thing is clearly just a bug, all bikes that had the latest software update are showing this number, don't worry about it, I'm sure a new firmware update will be along at some point to correct it.

Getting a new bike on warranty won't fix it - unless it has the old firmware.

Stuart54

Jun 5, 2024
UK
Thank you, Mteam. Interestingly, my wife bought the exact same 2023 model and does not have this hours issue, which is surprising.
Whilst I agree that a software update may resolves the hours problem, the other issues I mentioned above are a deal breaker if they can't be resolved. What's the point of an all singing, all dancing app if half the features advertised don't work? Fingers crossed someone at Trek is working on this.

Stuart54

Jun 5, 2024
UK
My latest on the odometer "hours" issue is that I collected my bike from the dealership after they had worked on it for a week. They had been assured by Trek UK that the problem could be cured by deleting the app and then reinstalling it. Why it took Trek UK a week to tell them this is anyone's guess. Having already experienced the lack of real interest from Trek whenever I had contacted them for help, I did as they suggested while I was in the shop, pretty much certain what the result would be. Result? Exactly the same ridiculous hours showing in the newly reinstalled app which, frankly, was no surprise. The dealership's opinion is that Trek are dragging their heels on this issue and are simply letting their customers do the testing for them rather than facing the issue head on and providing a real solution.
I will be using "X", formerly Twitter, to give the CEO of Trek and MD of Trek UK some seriously critical feedback on their poor aftersales service and see if this provokes any response from the company but, in the meantime, I will be switching to the TQ E-bike app as it looks to be a lot better compared to the Trek Central app, which is pure garbage as things stand.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles