Transporting your Rise

Jul 30, 2021
Wales
Has anyone braved the roof rack with a Rise yet? I haven’t used my Thule roof rack since selling my trek roscoe and that was a light bike but even that made me nervous with the wobble! Do I risk putting my Rise on the roof?

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Only on straight roads 😉 !
I prefer a tow bar mounted option with false cross bar.I never got over being a little nervous with a manual bike 😀

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
Thule hitch rack for me. I crushed the fork on an older Stumpjumper when I pulled into a carport. Besides a 40lb bike cannot be easy to lift onto a roof.

Gismo6303

Sep 4, 2021
France
It's that for me, with trail cover on it, and I can put all it need for vacation between the bikes. I'll update the system for my rise with alloy version instead of wood. Just need to remove front wheel, and air in suspension. For shorter routes, like 15-20 I take a tailgate bike rack with only one bike max on it

Point Blur_Jan202022_073138.jpg

Kermit

Nov 24, 2021
SE UK
I use the Thule Upride 599 with ZERO issues. Used it 2-3 times a week since i got my M20 in November. The M20 sits 'just' under the Thule max load of 20kg. Getting it up there can be fun if you're tired :) otherwise quite happy with it.

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
I use a Thule Proride 591 on my roof bars for my Rise. I have an SUV so it's a little tricky getting it up there, even though I',m183 cm. IN the end I purchased a pair of portable steps. I'm sure a normal height car wouldn't be an issue.

Jul 30, 2021
Wales
I use a Thule Proride 591 on my roof bars for my Rise. I have an SUV so it's a little tricky getting it up there, even though I',m183 cm. IN the end I purchased a pair of portable steps. I'm sure a normal height car wouldn't be an issue.
Not an issue with the size of the down tube? That’s what I have on my small van but reluctant to put it up there. Have you got the Thule bars too? I got cheap bars and think that could be the problem for the wobble on my bikes.

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
Not an issue with the size of the down tube? That’s what I have on my small van but reluctant to put it up there. Have you got the Thule bars too? I got cheap bars and think that could be the problem for the wobble on my bikes.
Yes fits the downtube fine, but I have the latest 591 and I believe the gripper is bigger than the older one. I do use the Thule aero bars. Its really secure overall, the only issue is getting the bike up there in the first place. I already had the rack and bars, otherwise, I would have just made do with throwing in the back of the car. Just keeps the car clean this way!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles