Transferable warranty

Stevewild31

Jun 17, 2021
South Manchester
As title says, which emtb's have a transferable warranty to a2nd user (&how long re they)?

I have had a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Race (£4200)on order since Aug, but would I be better buying 2nd hand - possibly getting a better bike all be it with shorter warranty?

Cheers

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Spesh has the best warranty for both first and subsequent owners (luckily... :p ) but you'll need the original purchase receipt.

Trek's warranty used to be as good but they've improved it for the first owner at the expense of subsequent owners where the warranty is significantly reduced.

Cube and Haibike is non-transferrable.

You'll just have to check any future second hand purchase and make a judgment call.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
You can look up warranty policies, but the quality of customer care at your LBS is another key factor.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Spesh has the best warranty for both first and subsequent owners (luckily... :p ) but you'll need the original purchase receipt.

Trek's warranty used to be as good but they've improved it for the first owner at the expense of subsequent owners where the warranty is significantly reduced.

Cube and Haibike is non-transferrable.

You'll just have to check any future second hand purchase and make a judgment call.
I think Whtye is non transferable too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles